Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AquaLeo ( )
Date: August 12, 2011 08:25PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mcarp ( )
Date: August 12, 2011 08:52PM

They aren't anti-Mormon, just pro-Truth.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 01:22PM

Exactly!!!

Posted by: anon987 ( )
Date: August 12, 2011 08:58PM

One poster's comment made me wonder if she is mormon. She said she does not believe that the Native Americans in North America are descended from anyone in the Middle East.

I guess she forgot about Oliver Cowdery's first mission to the "lamanites".

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: August 12, 2011 10:42PM

I like this girl who just feels the Nephites and Lamanites in Tikal: "This is just my opinion, but I got the feeling that the Book of Mormon took place more in Central America as opposed to South America. Both places are just so different from each other and I don't know how to put it, but Tikal just felt more Nephites/Lamanites to me than Macchu Picchu."

I wonder if the Smithsonian would display Mormon garments if we sent them some.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 02:13PM

there while dedicating the Snowflake AZ temple.

Funny how her feelings trump his, and his trumped JS's feeling that those bones belonged to Zelph.

Posted by: KungFuNap ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 12:03PM

I take comfort in the fact that The Smithsonian, and those in her evilness' employ, wantonly and systematically destroyed all the documents and ruins proving the BoM. As you all know, there were then, NAY exist to this day, big conglomerates existing with the sole purpose of refuting all things Mormon. I would know.

Their current activities are evident in the suppression of all the studies proving the existence of "iron weaponry before 1492. WAY before 1492". And let's not forget horses. Or armor. To round off with this gem, "evidence IS being found of iron weaponry before 1492. WAY before 1492 I'd like to see a scholarly paper on this too- please". What Mormon wouldn't? Then the days of deluding oneself with the pageantry and fantasy would give way to orgasmic revelries of vindication.

That is where I come in. I am currently employed as the curator of The Secret Museum of Shit That Proves Mormonism. I come from a long line of people that just decided (influenced by Lucifer, no doubt) to hate all things Mormon. Just because. Before J. Smith and Co. came about, we were devoted to icing old widow's stairways, torturing kittens, habitual masturbation, and all manner and sorts of sundry evilness. Then came good ole Joe, with the TRUTH. Anyway, I better be off. It is hard cataloguing hundreds of thousands of corpses, not to mention their weapons and armor.....

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 03:44PM

Where can we order tickets to see this exhibition? My TBM FIL would be prime vict.. err, audience for this.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 01:22PM

Continental drift making an impact in two thousand years? What? A couple of inches? Somebody want to help out? I don't think it's even a foot...

Thanks for the link; I was indulging in some nostalgia and thinking about visiting LDS Freedom Forum...

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 02:15PM

There's nothing about the Smithsonian on any of those five pages.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 02:45PM

oliviaik said:

" Also, did you know that the head of the Smithsonian Institue during this time was very much Anti-Mormon? There were many ruins destroyed and then covered up by the cities that are there today. For example, there was a city that used ditches and high walls on the other side of the ditches to defend itself. Sound familiar?"

"Yeah. . .the Smithsonian is going to eat some of those words, particularly their statement about weaponry. According to my dad's research (again, he's the expert), evidence IS being found of iron weaponry before 1492. WAY before 1492. The findings are very recent. Also, keep in mind that the Smithsonian was run by an anti-mormon for many years during the crucial North American exploration years. With the number of things covered up during that time, both to discredit mormons and to make the Native Americans appear to be savages, you have to take what they say with a grain of salt. I mean no disrespect to current Smithsonian researchers. They can only study what they have been given. If the ruins have been covered by cities and the documents that recorded them when they were found were destroyed, then they can't really learn much about ancient Native Americans."

"I just think that the Smithsonian is a little biased AGAINST the BoM both because of the Smithsonian's history and because the BoM is a religious book. When you set out to prove something false, you usually can find evidence. If they would try to look for evidences proving it true, I believe that they would also find evidence for that."

Posted by: his_dudeness ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 02:55PM

Actually the Smithsonian Inst was set up to collect artifacts for a weird folly. They have become as dry as toast and are non political

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Exploring_Expedition

If there were any proof of BOM history they would report it. Oddly even the so called alternative historians/archeologists who cite anomalies found in places, never cite anything to support the BOM.

Posted by: kdog ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 04:34PM

I was blown away by what this girl said-

"I just think that the Smithsonian is a little biased AGAINST the BoM both because of the Smithsonian's history and because the BoM is a religious book. When you set out to prove something false, you usually can find evidence. If they would try to look for evidences proving it true, I believe that they would also find evidence for that."

I would reply to her- "don't worry honey, nobody's out to get your religion, they don't care that the BoM is a religious book, and if you are claiming something to be true, it's YOUR job to prove it true. Nobody has to prove it false, that's not their burden. But the EVIDENCE is there already! THAT DOESN'T MAKE SOMEBODY ANTI-MORMON! They're just laying out the facts."

Sheesh, why is it that everytime a mormon opens up their mouth something completely stupid comes out? I wish they could actually hear what they're saying!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 04:46PM

"Yeah. . .the Smithsonian is going to eat some of those words, particularly their statement about weaponry. According to my dad's research (again, he's the expert), evidence IS being found of iron weaponry before 1492. WAY before 1492. The findings are very recent. Also, keep in mind that the Smithsonian was run by an anti-mormon for many years during the crucial North American exploration years. With the number of things covered up during that time, both to discredit mormons and to make the Native Americans appear to be savages, you have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

"I mean no disrespect to current Smithsonian researchers. They can only study what they have been given. If the ruins have been covered by cities and the documents that recorded them when they were found were destroyed, then they can't really learn much about ancient Native Americans."

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 02:43PM

With Michael Coe PHD Maya Anthropologist said in his interview a while back one of the head guys in anthropology was LDS.

Does anybody remember the name he gave from that interview?

Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 03:38PM

This was my favorite comment, from celest27a: "I hesitate to read the "research" done on this stuff since my dad used to be a fanatic about this. I just think it was in the "Americas" and where that is specifically I don't know. I am sure that the land has changed quite a bit with things like continental drift, plate tectonics, etc, and in the BOM it says that mountains were made into valleys, and the Earth pretty much changed drastically.
I personally think what we now know as the "Americas" would be unrecognizable back then."

Oh, yes. I'm sure that in only a thousand years, from the time Moroni supposedly buried the plates to Columbus' voyage, the geographical and geological makeup of the American continents "pretty much changed drastically".

How inane.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 13, 2011 04:52PM

No, wait. They're stowed away in a big cave, deep beneath the gold plates stone box, in the Hill Cumorah. The Sword of Laban, lots of gold plates (on a table, even), and lots of other really cool old stuff that testifies to the truthfulness of Joseph's Myth.

People have seen it, ya know.

Honest, they have.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2011 10:53PM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.