Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: UK Lurker ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 05:05PM

Hi all again.

my thanks go to many posters on this site who have answered responses and when needed given clear historical facts / sources.

For those of you who have followed the story, you will remember me discussing the hell of when i left the church, the drama of getting my kids out, and the on-going mental torture watching my wife being a TBM and giving money and time to these bloodsuckers.

The starting point of this was a few years ago when she started with the "can the missionaries come for dinner"routine.

That was it....I started with a book written in 1912 about the mormons and went from there. She went ballastic, super sonic ballastic, screaming shouting and despared when she found me reading these books.

I found this forum and bounced around the net from there.

I went as far as reading pro-books as well.
The restoration by ivan j baratt was particulary painfull, but i read it all, highlighted all the pages and de-bunked the history in it.

I started this historical factual mission to remove my name from record without distressing her too much. I wanted to wind her back from being a TBM to a jack-mo.

After she found the books i asked her questions.

This turned into planned de-conversion and constructive planting of seeds.

I have also discussed here my sadness at watching my wife's faith disappear and her anger at the "why didn't they tell me this ? i have been in it 30 years"

It has been one hell of a ride............

I left 15+ years ago and only now...today ... do i feel a line is being drawn under it all.

Its official : She stopped wearing G's and has not been for 5 + weeks.

She has asked me to draft a letter saying she will not be returning to the local ward to furfill her calling and to release her from it..

I eargly await the "love" that is too come my/her way.

i have briefed her on what is likely to happen, and she has said. "bring it on"

The best bit of all this ............

She got into the library at the local ward....AND ...

GOT ME AN ACTUAL-GENUINE COPY OF THE ENSIGN - JULY 1993.

I am sure you all know what lies in these pages.
It meant an awfull lot to my wife. This was the fact that started the floodgate of doubt.

i am looking forward to the member visits and the magic hat conversation. And the "thats anti -mormon lies" part. "Ohh" i can say, "lets look at page 62..."

To all the RFM community I want to say THANK YOU ..

I have had to post under many names as i suspect people have been looking here and after the love bombing on my daughter i have had to tread carefully.

I hope you long time posters, readers and lurkers can put together my story from the various posts.

To all the distressed part mo-couples out there ...there is hope....but it is a LONG road.

And....

This would be one hell of an exit story start to finish and i may put all of it together one day...

I will let you all know the outcome of this saga...but for now

THANK YOU.

I could thank certain posters individually , but you all know who you are...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 06:50PM

I'm happy for you. I'm glad things are turning out well. Have a happy journey...

Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 06:55PM

I have one from 1980 that is a big deal, but I don't know about the 1993 one. Thanks!

Posted by: blacksheep ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 07:41PM

What's in the 1980 one? Which month?

Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 03:46PM

Blacksheep--it's the June 1980 issue. It contains the Mark Hofmann article (Church News) that the church has removed from its online archives.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 07:27PM

I actually have a lot of confidence that most TBM's would leave LDS Inc if they only knew the truth. The problem is actually getting them to look at it (and to look at enough of it).

Date: August 15, 2011 07:27PM

What's in the 1993 Ensign? My curiosity is killing me. Please let me know. I'll try to google it now.... lol

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 07:35PM

Date: August 15, 2011 07:40PM

Oh I found it. The bit about how he "really" translated the plates... I'm surprised he didn't fall asleep in that hat. I would have.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 08:03PM

http://lds.org/ensign/1993/07/a-treasured-testament?lang=eng

It's the official acknowledgment by the church that Joseph Smith put his head in a hat to translate most of the BoM.

That would be such a cool issue to have!

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 08:51PM

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 07:48PM

Joe Smith: Hey, Ollie, watch me pull a religion out of my hat.

Cowdery: I don't see nothin'

Joe Smith: Must've got the wrong hat

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 07:49PM

That's great, UK Lurker. Glad to hear it.

My best wishes to you and your family from a fellow UK exmo.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 09:25PM

I am so happy for you and for your patience. I especially like her line "Bring it on!" Do write a whole story about this and all that transpired. I am sure it will help so many.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: August 15, 2011 10:03PM

I would be especially interested in what constituted the turning point for your wife. That is, when did she stop assuming you were a misled apostate and instead began to allow that there might be some uncomfortable information about the church that she would want to know about.

Glad you and DW are on the same side at last, UK lurker!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 03:54PM

Posted by: uk lurker ( )
Date: August 16, 2011 06:29PM

Ex-cultmember said....
"
I actually have a lot of confidence that most TBM's would leave LDS Inc if they only knew the truth. The problem is actually getting them to look at it (and to look at enough of it).
"

i agree with you, but its getting them to listen.

Someone i know well has gone inactive but will not listen to bad things about the church - even though the reason she has gone inactive is because she prefers skirt to trousers (if you get my drift)
i find this astonishing. they have disfellowshipped her but she still clings to it, and will not listen to its history, bigotry, sexism or homophobia.

I have given up now.
Some people are happy to be sheep and told what to do..

There is an old expression - you are either hammer or anvil - and in the church the members are all anvils.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.