Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Emanon ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 12:12PM

LehiExMo-
I like your idea of where to meet and what to bring. :) Please email me.

If anyone else is interested, please feel free to let me know via the board or at the following email address: emanonpost@gmail.com

We can coordinate a meeting place, date and time.

Date: September 21, 2010 10:57PMRe: Dr Laura says to stay LDS for the good parts

I think a UT county meetup at a neutral location would be a great idea for fellow atheists/exmos with families. We've got kids between the ages of 7 and 3, boys and girls. Weekends work well for us. Perhaps a Sunday? Perhaps at a park right across from a ward house? We can bring our lawn chairs and a 24 pack? ;-) j/k A meet up would be nice though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topping ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 08:10PM

Posted by: Topping ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 01:49AM

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 12:26PM

I'd love for my TBM wife to meet all of the funny, intelligent, articulate people I've had coffee with. I'd love it if my children played with others that didn't have to go to church every Sunday. Wouldn't it be great to expand our circle of friends beyond the ward boundaries?

But how? We're pretty busy people and our lives are rich and full already. Maybe I should volunteer my back yard and grilling skills? Would my wife absolutely freak out? Probably.

I hate the way the church dominates every aspect of a person's life. I'm the only one in the family who seems to have any desire to push at the boundaries and I find that a bit frustrating. What to do?

Its the same with the EXMO conference. I'd love to go, but going without my wife feels hollow. I'd rather hang out with her even if she is TBM. I like spending time with her because she's also funny, intelligent and articulate. How to I get both sides of my life to come together?

Stunted.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 12:55PM

Please subscribe/post an announcement here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/utahexmormons/

for those other local exmos who do not participate here at exmormong.org/recovery from mormonism.

Utahexmormons was started by yours truly about 11 years ago and has about 200 subscribers. I am quite certain you will pick up several more exmos at your gathering if you include utahexmormons in the fun.

Cheers!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.