Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 25, 2011 11:38PM

First, this thread was ok'd by the Great and Powerful Eric himself. But I get ONE thread to promote my book. So please don't hijack it, and be judicious in how you "top" it so that the most posters can view it before the thread fills up completely.

Secondly, here is the link to the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Raptor-Mormon-Apostasy-ebook/dp/B005IQKAQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314328020&sr=8-1

Thirdly, this book is currently only available for electronic format. If you have a kindle or a kindle app for your ipad/iphone/droid you'll be great.

HOWEVER, you can also download a kindle app for your computer. SOOOOOOO, if you can get on RfM at home/work you can read the book on that computer too. There are quite a few links for that. I am posting just one. If you don't like the link provided just google "kindle for pc" and download the one you want. All of them are free.

Here is a link for that:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000710691&tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=8222537364&ref=pd_sl_9fz81ifbgw_e

Fourthly, Yes. I make money off of this. I am hoping that I can sell enough of this book that I can quit and write as a living. That's a long shot, but I'm still throwing my wish out. If you like the book, SPREAD THE WORD. Buying from the amazon store is just like purchasing anything online - except that the amazon store is VERY VERY safe and secure. IRL info is given just for the transaction as if you were purchasing anything else with a credit card anywhere else.

Fivethly. This book is MY book written BY ME. SO, it is the most profane and naughtiest exmormon story YOU WILL EVER READ. HOWEVER, everyone who has sent me texts/emails/messages have said that they couldn't put the book down, nor could they stop laughing. But it's not for little children.

THIS BOOK IS A CHOKING HAZARD! Do not eat food or drink drinks while reading. You may choke to death or ruin your electronics with a spit take. You may also loose sleep. I have already had a few people say that they have stayed up all night reading it in one sitting.

Sixly, If you like the book, SPREAD THE WORD! AND I KNOW I ALREADY SAID THAT! And give me good reviews! Also, If you want to cause havok in your TBM family, give this book as a gift. It works like napalm. Drop it in, and watch the horror ensue.

Lastly. Again, I've only been given ONE thread to promote the book. So, please don't hijack the thread.

Thanks everyone for your support. Even though I said lastly, I still have to give a special shout out to a few posters. Queen of Denial helped with the cover (It's amazing), Anagrammy was the final editor, Beulahland did the conversion, and Man in Black was a first reader, while Lostinutah helped get me down the road of epublishing.

Thanks to everyone else who responded to my questions as I asked for help along the way. This board is amazing for so many reasons.

And, yes, this book was both approved for publishing and started selling on the amazon store right after the earthquake hit in DC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 12:35AM

Raptor's book is very, very, funny. I'd be worth it for the laughs alone. More, it contains something we've all wanted to see for a ling time; his exit story.

Raptor's gift with words tells a story of the pain, loss, struggle and ultimate triumph over the, shall I call it, mind rape so many of us have endured.

There is a lot of swearing but oddly it is not vulgar. It's funny. The f*** word is frequent but actual sex is innocently called,"sexytime".

I loved reading it, and though I have a copy of the draft I will still buy it for the few dollars it is for the final book.

I am not affiliated with Raptor. I receive no proceeds from this book. I only met him once.

All I want to say is good job man. You did what most of us only wish we could do. Stand up to the so called church and write a book.

Bien fait!

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 12:53AM

Congratulations! I'm going to buy it.
Good luck and I hope it's a dinosaur sized success!

Susan

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 01:27AM

OK, here's my review: Don't know if they'll post it--if not, I'll take out the one bad word and try again:

FINALLY--THE TRUTH ABOUT MORMON MISSIONARIES AND THEIR LIFE IN HELL

Being a voracious reader and "of a certain age," it takes a lot to keep me reading past bedtime, let alone to burst out, "You have got to be shitting me!" But stay up all night, I did, as Yoda would say.

Set in a typical Utah whitebread suburb, an apparently idyllic childhood corkscrews into the tightening of priesthood expectations as the young bright mind questions inconsistencies in Mormon history and doctrine. His attempts to gain clarity gradually reveal the dark underside of the LDS church as his brother comes out of the closet and authorities use stronger tactics to compel conformity by forcing him to "volunteer" for a two-year mission. The reluctant missionary vows to chronicle the truth about his experience and the reader follows him as he enters the Missionary Training Center. where indoctrination control and deprivations escalate to a shocking level of fanaticism.

This book is frank and euphemism-free. From boyhood, the author fights debilitating depression and somehow maintains his autonomy by adopting an almost touching technique of responding to unreasonable demands with creative mental swearing. The abuse that he suffers would not be as shocking if it were not standard practice. From magic underwear to threats that missionary masturbating is preventing the return of Christ...hold onto your hats, you are going down the rabbit hole.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 02:18AM

Congrats RJ. You did it!

Thanks everyone for the background info and review (lol anagrammy).

RJ, maybe you could contact Sue at the Exmo Foundation about your book. They may be interested in talking it up at the exmo conference in October. I've read before that some exmo authors donate a few of their books for door prizes at the conference. That's a good way to generate some publicity and happy readers.

I can't wait to read it. Good luck - you deserve it.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 07:58AM

One of the things I'm finding interesting in your book is the differences between church policies in the late eighties early nineties as opposed to the sixties and seventies when I was young before the correlation committee.

There seem to be a lot more reasons to become an apostate now then there were then. After all it was kinda fun to be a mormon back then. Not so much these days.

If Hollywood ever gets around to making a movie of it who would you like to play yourself?

Date: August 26, 2011 09:31AM

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 08:21AM

I'm about halfway through it. It's a very good read!

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 09:34AM

I'm up to the part about you getting ready to go on a mission.
So I'm looking forward to co-miserating, as I served in Hamburg 84-89.
I love your writing style, RJ!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 10:32AM

Date: August 26, 2011 10:35AM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 10:43AM

Can't wait to read it.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 10:52AM

not everyone has the electronic devises to read! thank you in advance!~

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 12:40PM

I don't have an e-reader either. I just downloaded the Kindle app for the Chrome browser and then bought the book.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 01:33PM

bignevermo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not everyone has the electronic devises to read!
> thank you in advance!~
========================================
Hey Biggie.... you know youse can read it on yer computer!
That's what my mom did till dad bought her a Kindle!

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 01:34PM

She'll love it.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 06:03PM

bignevermo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not everyone has the electronic devises to read!
> thank you in advance!~

You can download a free KIndle for PC programme from Amazon, then you can read them on your PC.

Plus there are loads of free books on Amazon. Some that are meat and drink to an exmo!

Posted by: lurker ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 11:46AM

proverbs 28:22
a stingy man is eager to get rich and unaware that poverty awaits him

Posted by: Ctus ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 12:14PM

Date: August 26, 2011 04:50PM

Date: August 28, 2011 10:41AM

However, it'll take between 24-72 hours to be available.

Enjoy.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 12:50PM

We will have a permanent area that will be easily updated for book recommendations.

Look for the new site soon!!

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 01:19PM

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 02:46PM

It's a RaptorJesus bonanza of wonder. I like.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 06:04PM

My goal was to be the last person on the planet to give up actual paper and now you have turned this into some kind of Sophie's Choice and made it impossible to do anything else but become a member of kindlism. Who do you think you are? Oh yeah...

Can't wait to read it.

Posted by: hillbilly ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 09:02PM

long time lurker non mormorn but married to one for 22 years, now married to christian lady. Just had to have the book so downloaded it for my kindle.

perry

Posted by: blacksheep ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 11:10PM

I just bought the kindle edition. Better go plug in the ipod so I have enough battery to read it. Glad I bought it today so I have the weekend to read it. Hope this book does well.

Posted by: mike ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 11:23PM

If this helps me get my ass in to heaven, you betcha I'll buy a copy... err oh hail great Raptor Jesus! Hear the words from my mouth... I freely gave you my money for a copy ;)

Btw, thanks for also dedicating your book to the people of Germany. Was My home for many years.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 11:23PM

to the delight of my children.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 26, 2011 11:37PM

Mak turned me on to this and I love it.
http://calibre-ebook.com/

Not only does it convert but it is a great way to organize. TRY IT you will like it. AND IT IS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: August 27, 2011 11:45AM

Posted by: emmasforever ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 10:57AM

Can that be used for the barnes and noble nook?

Date: August 28, 2011 01:50PM

It will even do .pdf! Now once in a while it will not recognize right, see 5 and S the same for example but I have never not been able to read it. The main reason I bought my Sony is that it will read all formats period but the Calibre is such a great way to organize and upload I use it instead of the Sony ware.

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: August 27, 2011 12:01AM

Just bought it - can't wait to read it! :)

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 27, 2011 01:22AM

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: August 27, 2011 01:34AM

And if anyone didn't think they would want to read it they will after anagrammy's review. Thanks anagrammy.

Good work Raptor Jesus!

Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: August 27, 2011 01:50AM

It's on the UK Amazon site too. I have a Kindle and can't wait to read your book.

Posted by: trufflelily ( )
Date: August 27, 2011 02:13AM

I just started it, and only put it down to ask the question before the thread closes. How can I put your link on my facebook page? I'm a little (well, a lot) technology challenged.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: August 27, 2011 02:33AM

queenofdenial@live.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2011 02:34AM by Queen of Denial.

Date: August 28, 2011 09:27AM

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 04:48PM

Oh... I thought you wrote "Up the holy sabbath!"

Sorry...

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 01:18PM

Partway through it - enjoying it highly. You're pretty...uh, frank, but it's appropriate for the subject matter. :)

Posted by: exmodaddy ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 01:39PM

I bought your book a couple days ago, and finished it yesterday. Thank you for taking the time to write this book. My story is similar, except I never went on a mission, and I wasn't the incarnation of a reptilian deity. But other than that, pretty similar.

Seriously, this was a great read, and I thank you.

Posted by: The Cheshire Cat ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 03:17PM

. . . and/or just don't know, period : ) Is your book available in paper form as well? And, if we don't have a Kindle, how can we obtain a copy of it? Also, is there a way to read excerpts of it somewhere online? Good Luck w/your book--------it sounds awesome from all the comments here!

Date: August 28, 2011 04:58PM

http://calibre-ebook.com/ This is FREE.

It will convert it to a standard .PDF and then you can read it on your computer. It is not available in paper.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 03:27PM

Congrats! That's a lot of work, and a great accomplishment!

Now, I need some explanation. I'm totally dense on the symbolic meanings in your cover. Can someone (or RJ) clue me in?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 04:45PM

Damn. I *NEVER* buy books!

This is a first for me! ;o))

Actually, I usually get review copies. A book has to press lots of buttons for me to spend money on it. :oD

RJ, can you email me your press release/s?

I need to get busy promoting your book.

matt_exmo@yahoo.co.uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2011 04:46PM by matt.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 05:26PM

Date: September 01, 2011 11:04PM

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 05:43PM

As a great lover and respecter of great books,and as one who has followed Raptor Jesus since I grew up and left the morg. 20 mths. ago at the young age of 57,I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK.

Before I left the cult any profanity was so offensive to me. Man have I changed. Just finished reading "Two Kisses for Maddy" by Matthew Logelin. His wife died shortly after giving birth to their only child. Matthew tells his story about raising this little daughter (She would be about 3 now) and does it with dry wit and much use of the f word. Every page he says it at least twice. But...it is so appropriate and just becomes another strong adjective in this story. Men would like this book as much as women I think. Highly recommend it.
If you need to let the f bombs fly-let em fly!
Congratulations on your book Raptor Jesus!!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: September 01, 2011 10:50PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.