Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Willie Martin ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 05:12PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: August 28, 2011 06:51PM

Just remember,,you are not alone,,,,

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 29, 2011 07:32PM

Most definitely not.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: August 29, 2011 07:47PM

Posted by: Willie Martin ( )
Date: August 29, 2011 09:13PM

Even as a believer, they really bothered me. Crybabies, whiners, boo hoo waa waa.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 03:54AM

Because they have this horrible mix of "god-speak" from Holmoe and coach Mendenhall who speak football and quote BOM scripture all in the same mouth full of made-up mormonism Bull Sh*t.
Could that be the reason?

And if anyone makes fun of them they bawl like babies.

Posted by: 2lazy2login ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 08:27AM

I know a lady who loves watching YBU football...but only reruns. She won't watch any where YBU loses.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 08:57AM

Not me. I'm a Cougar fan all the way. Don't care if they're morg related. Have tickets for the game against the Longhorns in Austin. Last time BYU played Texas home and away, the Cougars spanked the shit out of them in both games. Texas fans are insufferable and shat their pants exceedingly when that happened.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 11:54AM

That was a great series. I was at the one in Provo but supposed to sell programs until the end of the first quarter. No way--i went into the stadium and watched. Good thing too. Game was over after about two drives. Rest of the year sucked though. btw, i did keep selling in between plays so I wasn't a total loser.

I'm not thinking this next series will go as well but we shall see.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 10:41AM

Ron you have no standards.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 12:10PM

get her done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ron you have no standards.

Standards, shcmandards! We don't need no steenkin' standards!

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 11:02AM

I live in Washington State, I have the same feeling about the U of W Huskies.
Whoever is playing, I don't care who wins, I only hope the Huskies loose.

Posted by: Smiling Dog ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 11:18AM

If you are a Ute fan, like me, then you most likely have the BYU enmity gene. God placed enmity between you and the seed of BYU...

If BYU played a game against chicken raping, former Wall Street CEO, lawyers, I would cheer on the chicken rapers.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 12:08PM

Dyed in the wool here. I'm having major psycological problems with BYU. I pretty much detest Brigam Young (the person). I'm embarassed and sometimes outraged at many of the things the administration and fans do...but I grew up on Jim McMahon, Marc Wilson, Steve Young, Robbie Boscoe, et al. How does one change that? Is it even worth trying? I'm not sure I can or even should change.

I was (am?) very tribal oriented. Loved the us versus them mentality of mormonism and byu sports. Is it possible or even advisable to keep BYU sports without Mormonism? They go to such lengths to make the church and BYU sports one and the same that I don't know if I can take it. I'm not a band wagoner. I've tried to like other teams but it just doesn't work for my type. So what I'm thinking is that perhaps there is a sports identity gene that once cast makes it impossible to change allegience without giving it up entirely.

Posted by: anon here ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 12:42PM

I am a die hard Ute fan and always have been, but I remember the days when I had older sisters attending BYU and watching the "Miracle Bowl" and cheering for BYU.

It was a different era then. You could have a Jim McMahon at BYU. BYU was more of a church camp then than the seminary mind-control institution it is today.

I think you could cherrish the memories and ditch the current allegience. I don't know how you stomach Bronco. He seems batsh!+ crazy.

You could cheer on the UTES in the PAC-12. We would welcome you, but that may be a bit much for you. Just pick a different team and shift your passion (love for the "tribe") somewhere else. Remember love and hate are close neighbors.

Good luck!

Posted by: Oucast ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 12:55PM

If Texas A&M goes to SEC, B12 to invite BYU.

Other rumor is B12 will fall apart and PAC12 will invite Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State to form the western division along with Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.