Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 10:48AM

"I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Its my life and i believe it. I can't believe how much I love the church. It's what keeps me going. I know that i was sent here for a reason and someday i will return to live with my father in heaven. Someday I will be married in the temple to the man of my dreams. I love being a "Mormon" and I believe and love everything they teach me."

I'm thinking that the poster who wrote that probably is so attached to the cult that it would be too devastating to ever leave.

I kind of liked facebook better before the Mormons were encouraged to start using the net to spread the word.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 10:53AM

I was like that. Especially the part about marrying the man of my dreams. I had the stupid idea that God would provide and all I had to do is wait (and wait and wait and wait). I loved the idea of the "romantic" notion they fill your head with about the forever family--and getting married in a castle basically.

AND, yet, HERE I AM. They fill your head full of bullsh*t (the Disney version of life like someone stated about seminary classes) and when the reality of life hits you between the eyes, you have to re-think it all (at least some of us do). I left purely from life experience--not history.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 11:08AM

I have one Mormon that their profile pic is the pic of some temple. Their status is often a quote by GBH or some other Mormon. Their current status is a quote by Wirthlin. An hour ago they posted a link to "Read Mormon Responses to Frequently asked questions," with a picture of the Bible next to (but in the background) of a picture of the BOM. Hmmmm. The picture sounds like a metaphor for what they think of the Bible.

The funny part are the things below those. "[Morgbot's name] is a real chick magnet." [LOL, not from being gay, but from playing Frontierville.]

"[Morgbot's name] has sexy lipstick for friends." Is that ALLOWED for a Morgbot?? [From playing Sorority Life.]

"[Morgbot's name] really needs Hotel Key in Sorority Life." Hmmm, sounds like they are living out things in Sorority Life they couldn't do in real life as a Morgbot. I wonder what the Morg says about playing Sorority Life.

Hey Church Office Buildings spies!!!! Yes, you!!! We know you are looking here. This would be a great talk at the next General Conference. Members should not be spending their time playing FB games, especially with all the double entendres those games list in the activities!

Say "thank you" and you're welcome when you write the next GC talk on this.

Posted by: Dino ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:15PM

I have friends who do the same thing, so I hid them from my updates. Every now and then I look at their profile just out of curiosity, and I quickly remember why I hid them. What about all the "I'm a mormon" ads on facebook? Anyone else get them ALL THE TIME? I started hitting the X on them, then when FB asks why, I click offensive. I'm sick of seeing those stupid ads everywhere I go.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:35PM

DNA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
> Saints. Its my life and i believe it. I can't
> believe how much I love the church. It's what
> keeps me going. I know that i was sent here for a
> reason and someday i will return to live with my
> father in heaven. Someday I will be married in the
> temple to the man of my dreams. I love being a
> "Mormon" and I believe and love everything they
> teach me."
>
> "I love the church so much I want it inside me! I want to feel it's love deep inside me! I want it to give it to me hard, until I can't take anymore!"

Posted by: reality came knockin' ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:39PM

That is such a disservice to set things up in a young lady's head that if she's a good little mormon girl, God will send a knight in shining armor to rescue her and she will live happily ever after. They do the same to the boys by encouraging that "I have to go on a mission and then God will send the hottest babes my way as payment" assumption.

Things the mormon church put in my head:

- If I'm good and I marry in the temple, the marriage will be good and I will live happily ever after. Reality, based on personal experience: Even complete jerks are "worthy to go to the temple" and having a temple recommend does not offer any protection whatsoever from your husband treating you like utter garbage.

- Sex is something incredibly wonderful, bliss that is so intensely fantastic there just aren't words to describe how completely great it is BUT DO NOT ENGAGE IN IT!!!! I have never had such a disappointment in my entire life as an hour after leaving the temple, ready to gorge myself on the forbidden fruit that was no longer forbidden. I won't go into gory detail, but it was a complete nightmare. He was very insensitive to how much it hurt (virgin bride + clueless guy whose idea of foreplay was to ram himself in within the first second he'd torn my clothes off....no reving up of engines with clothes on before tearing off of clothes, either). I wish someone had taken me aside and told me that sometimes sex sucks and that if it does it means you either have the wrong partner (too late...I already married him FOR ETERNITY) or it is okay to try to educate a bad partner and then dump him if he is not responsive to the information. If "test drives" were okay for mormons, I could have been spared a lot of pain and a divorce because I would have known from the turn of the key that I had a lemon on my hands.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 12:49PM

. . . is too stupid to live.

Posted by: Joseph ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 02:48PM

Brilliant!

Posted by: martinf ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 02:36PM

Not everyone is at the top of the evolutionary tree, clearly. That kind of blind devotion finds great utility to those who run cults or communist states. That's it.

Posted by: confusedinCK ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 03:00PM

this was posted today from one of my "friends" on facebook:

"I testify to everyone that I know that is a friend to me on Facebook that I know, without a shadow of doubt, that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that his church, the same church that he had on the earth, has been restored through a living prophet of God. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is God's church and that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the word of God."

every single one of my in-laws "liked" it. It made me want to vomit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.