Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 11:16AM

Yesterday in F&T, a woman talked about how she had such a difficult time getting to the bishop and then SP for her TR. It must be satan holding her back. First she lost it, then misplaced again, things came up to keep her from getting over to the church.

I find the same thing with getting the oil changed in my car. Need to mow the lawn, one of my kids has taken the car, need to go shopping, don't have time this week. It must be the evil god of oil sludge keeping me from getting it done.

If you can't manage your time, are forgetful, or prone to losing things, it must be satan????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anonomous maximus ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 11:20AM

....is that when that happens to people of different faiths, they use that as an example of how god is trying to guide them and give them "signs" that they are in the wrong faith.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: November 08, 2010 02:56PM

The real problem is an external locus of control. When you take responsibility for your choices, the effects of your actions on other people, and the consequences for yourself, you begin to see how much internal control you actually have over your situation. You can influence and sometimes even change situations just because you want to.

However, when you give up personal responsibility and assign the locus of control over your life to someone or something else like a fairy tale then you are never accountable for the results of your own actions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.