Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 10:03PM

http://mormon.org/me/1474/

How long will it last? Bets?

(I saw this on another site and I'm trying to give them credit but it seems to get stuck in moderation.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 10:07PM by spaghetti oh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 10:09PM

This is the official LDS Corp site?

Wow.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 10:24PM

It will be deleted in minutes..

Posted by: buddyjoe ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 10:27PM

WoW, I mean WoW.
The daughter of a Stake President? Well – the Cadillac’s had always extra privileges.

Posted by: BestBBQ ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 10:32PM

Daughter-in-law.

Posted by: BestBBQ ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 10:32PM

I took a screen grab.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 10:35PM

Nice.

Posted by: Eldermalin ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 10:37PM

That's awesome! Way to go Nikki! I hope the screen grab makes its way over to I'm an exmormon before the Censorship committee tears it down.

Still with how I heard the process goes for submission and the trouble John Dehlin had getting his approved through multiple iterations I'm amazed this made it through.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 11:24PM

Wow. And for a contrast in brainwashing, click on "Mark's" profile (if you stand it) toward the bottom.

Date: September 11, 2011 11:33PM

Agggghhh!

"It is amazing to watch young men and women come and give up school, friends and family and spend full-time helping others learn about the Savior and His church."

Oh, no, it's not a cult at all!

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 11:33PM

Oh wow! That is an awesome profile for that site.

I did see Mark's profile too. Definitely not for a weak stomach. ;)

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 11:35PM

I officially resigned my membDELETE

I'll bet that because she is a female in her 20's that none of the moderators even bothered to read it.

Posted by: fancypants ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 11:59PM

more people should do this lol

Posted by: Hanna ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 12:22AM

Wow, are there any other resigned members' profiles on there?

Posted by: em928 ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 12:25AM

As a never-mo, some of their profiles are slightly intriguing in the fact that they are my age (20) and have been married for 2 years and have 2 kids. I can't imagine being married and having 2 kids already and my family being okay, none the less supportive, of that.
The shock of this religion and its teachings are hard to comprehend sometimes.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 12:28AM

On the one hand they're trying to say that Monson "is a prophet like Moses," while at the same time actually showing a picture of the guy. They should stop that if they don't want to scare off "investigators."

Date: September 12, 2011 12:29AM

I was really shocked at this answer while browsing. Are most people really this brainwashed?

What is the attitude of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints regarding homosexuality and same sex marriage?
Joshua

Joshua answered...

I am sexually attracted to other males. For awhile, I struggled with how a loving Heavenly Father could allow for me to be attracted to other males, and then ask me to abstain from same-sex relationships. However, as I have tried to deal with my attractions in a Christ-like manner, I have found that He really does love me. I have grown so much spiritually as I have learned to deal with my same-sex attractions. I now understand that everyone has challenges in this life. I am no different. The Church has a high standard on morality. The only sexual relationships that are permitted are between a man and his wife. This may prove difficult for both people with same-sex and opposite-sex attractions. However, I believe that by obeying this law, we can gain greater peace and happiness. God does know what is best for us, and He gave us this law to bless us. Same-sex marriage distorts what marriage is all about. It is based on the lie that because you are attracted to the same sex, you need to be in a same-sex relationship in order to be "true to yourself". Many members of the Church can testify that this is not true. Some have found peace and joy in celibacy, and others gone on to have faithful and fulfilling marriages. For a long time, I thought I couldn't get married, but the Lord has blessed me to develop a sexual attraction to a beautiful woman and we have a wonderful marriage.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 01:51AM

But many in socially conservative churches are. It is a sad state of affairs when people think they must repress a beautiful part of who they are in order to be loved. Fortunately, that seems to be changing, albeit slowly.

em928, it looks like you are new here so here is some insight as to how far TSCC went in brainwashing gays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwUTVQ4mfNE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-8BmFwGIc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeMKmnMfNUo&feature=related

I'm told they don't do that sort of torture any more.

Date: September 12, 2011 02:18AM

I've posted a little before, something like a year or so ago. I mostly browse, rarely post. :)

My ex-mo boyfriend has shown me those videos a while back. I didn't know much about TSCC then and was really appalled and upset when I saw them. I was raised in a family that was the exact opposite of TSCC; we were open and accepting of everyone.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 12:37AM

Upon further cogitating, I wonder if some of this stuff is from the Paternoster School of True Believing Mormonry. Because if it is, it reads like the real thing, and if isn't it STILL reads like the real thing!!!

Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 01:49AM

Love it!

Weird... the prominent video picture on the "people" page? A chick in a bathing suit. You can see shoulders!

http://mormon.org/people/

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 02:28AM

guys...

everybody create an account and post something similar.

http://mormon.org/create/

i'll see if it flies. i'll keep you posted.

i can't wait to see what's up!!

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 07:22AM

I'm in shock! I have a Mormon.org profile, but I made it "private" after I became a non-believer because I'm not able to delete it. I just tried to change it last week, but most of my answers were not accepted.

Hope that one stays up a LONG time!

Date: September 12, 2011 11:11AM

It's still up! :-)

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 11:17AM

We were told that the process of getting the profiles up took 1 to 2 weeks. Must be because of stuff like this. But yeah, because it's a cute 20 something female they might not have been paying close attention to the words, just the potential 'meat'

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 11:28AM

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 11:43AM

I got to see the page, and was clicking on different profiles to see what they said, and after about 5 or 6, now the entire site is down for maintenance.

Posted by: Nikki ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 12:28PM

Hi! I'm Nikki - that's my profile.

I don't expect them to delete it, since it took them a week to approve each part of the profile. I just noticed this morning that they finally approved the part about me sending in my resignation (the Why I Am a Mormon part). They approve (or disapprove) them section by section.

As an update to that, this weekend, we received the pamphlet "An Invitation" and a letter stating that our request needs to be handled by local leaders, so it has been forwarded to our Stake President. Yes, my father-in-law. We were hoping that he wouldn't have to be too involved in the process since I'm sure it will be emotionally traumatic for him. We don't want to damage our relationship any more than the resignation itself probably does.

I had posted the profile originally a year or so ago, after becoming inactive but not at the point of resignation yet. I had wanted to post something that was positive but would show that I have alternative viewpoints. I've edited things a couple times since then. They have rejected what I've submitted a time or two, so I don't believe the line about just letting whatever go through just b/c of how I look. Thanks for the compliment though, Primus. ;) And by the way, I'm in my 30's now. I stopped attending when I was 29, but that picture was taken at 30. :p

Exmollymo, I tried to make my profile private but it didn't seem to work. Then I got worried that after my resignation went through, that I might lose access and not be able to edit it any more. So I changed as much as I could to get it to where I wouldn't mind if I stayed up even as an ex-mo.

Date: September 12, 2011 12:33PM

Oh and hey - make sure you click to "see more of my answers" b/c you'll get to see the response to "Do Mormons practice polygamy?" which I'm pretty surprised passed the approvers also.

Posted by: Hanna ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 01:56PM

Nikki, you rock

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 02:51PM

;)

Posted by: tsawyer2 ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 02:15PM

Great job Nikki!! I'm surprised that this passed the censors. It amazes me that they want real people to put up real profiles, but have to approve what people say.

Date: September 12, 2011 02:34PM

A mole on the inside, yeah!, I like that idea. ;-)

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 01:26PM

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 01:44PM

Posted by: Hane ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 01:55PM

Darn. I was hoping someone had posted the bio of the "Big Love" Nikki.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 02:25PM

Date: September 12, 2011 02:36PM

Somebody there has a sense of humor....

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: September 12, 2011 02:28PM

on I-35 as you drive pass?

Date: September 12, 2011 02:31PM

I'm not Nikki! But she's responded above.

I live on the west coast of Canada! :-)

Date: September 12, 2011 02:43PM

Have you admired the new edifice on I-35?

Date: September 12, 2011 02:50PM

You're talking about the new KC temple? I didn't know you could see it from I-35. I personally haven't seen it at all! I didn't even really know where it was going to be until I just looked it up now. Looks like it's pretty far north of me. I rarely go up that way. ;) But I did see the St Louis temple this weekend on a little mini-vacay out that way.

Date: September 12, 2011 03:05PM

It's much smaller than St Louis, but BIG enough to place undue pressure on the surrounding sheepie and increase tithing receipts proportionately. Funny thing is, they were having much difficulty staffing the St Louis Temple during the last decade, not only for workers, but for go'ers too. We all kept having to sign up once a month to go the STL temple which was a 5 hour drive. So why build another temple?

You'll see it as you drive up there sometime. Can't miss it. It's sad too, because it used to be such a beautiful scenic area.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.