Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: no one ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 12:38AM

I would ask them - are you more:

a. repulsed by the sexual behaviors of JS
b. in awe of his sexual prowess

Where do you think honest numbers would come in on that one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: persephene ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 04:25AM

got into a discussion about polygamy. He said, "polygamy is just wrong and crazy". We never went to church again. Sometimes my husband drives me crazy, but he is definitely one of the good guys.

Posted by: persephene ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 05:28PM

We were having a lesson in RS once about the pioneers. Several people got a slip of paper to read during the lesson. The paper was something that they would be asked to sacrifice to set up the "kingdom of zion." One woman, who I always thought was a stone cold bitch and a complete nag, stood up to read hers. It was something like the lord commands your husband to take another wife. She started crying so hard she couldn't even finish it. (She is still TBM BTW)

Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 05:08AM

Men seem to be aware that polygamy is required to get into the Celestial Kingdom and the women of the church seem to be less aware of that issue. (I secretly wonder if it's intentional.)

However, I'd say that the percentage of men who are type A or type B would be dependent on the type of men in the room. That being said, the church does tend to attract quite patriarchal men, so...

I'd be interested to see what the true results were if a questionnaire was ever to be successfully passed around.

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 08:07AM

Can you point me in the direction of where it states Polygamy is required to gain the Celestial Kingdom?

Thanks

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 08:48AM

http://scriptures.lds.org/dc/132

4 For behold, I reveal unto you a new and an everlasting acovenant; and if ye abide not that covenant, then are ye bdamned; for no one can creject this covenant and be permitted to enter into my glory.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 09:44AM

I haven't set foot in a cult building of any kind in more than 35 years so I can't really say what's taught in priesthood meetings these days. Back in my day, however, the cult taught some fairly wierd s**t in said meetings. The women weren't privy to the info back then and still aren't now which ought to tell you something.

Just sayin'

Timothy

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 09:11AM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 09:29AM

Behaviors 0
Prowess 0

Final in OT

No relevant points for either.

Even I can schtup better than ol' Joe. There woulda been no complainin' from all them wimmin if I'da been the profit. This is due to the fact that women didn't discover orgasms in American until 1972. Look it up. :D

Oh, by the way, I'm also full of shit. :)

Just sayin'...

Ropn

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 05:51PM

But, forcing young women to have sex with him on pang of death and damnation isn't quite "prowess."

If they had all swooned over him and said, "Joseph, you must marry ALL OF US! We think you are too awesome not to share with each other," then maybe I'd give him more credit.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 05:53PM

I would be summarily excommunicated from the church, but if Monson did it, they'd write a song about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.