Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 09:02AM

http://www.break.com/index/christian-guy-totally-owns-mormons.html

i lol when the missionary on the left ends with his typical last resort: "i KNOW that joseph smith was a prophet of god"

=) poor missionaries...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EverAndAnon ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 10:51AM

a guy who believes that (as the meme goes),
"a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree"
can 'own' anybody in a debate.

Two people arguing about the literal truth of bronze age mythology doesn't strike me as all that valuable.

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 11:00AM

Posted by: Badger John ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 03:13PM

EverAndAnon, let me guess: I'd suppose you are another former maniacal RM/TBM with a tremendous testimony that spent several faithful years in the mormon church, and then spent 3 years "studying" your way out of it, after someone insulted you or criticized your lifestyle. And then you spent another 2 more years getting up the courage to actually leave.

And then 15 minutes after leaving you declared all belief in God as fantasy and made it your goal in life to insult and demean Christians with stupid harangues. And the irony is, after all of that you still have not resigned or told your mom that you don't believe in the prophet.

Good guess?

Posted by: EverAndAnon ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 12:15PM

When I see that kind of thing I think to myself, OK, that guy can string together an argument, so why is it that he can't see the holes in his own position?

Some people see the flaws in one version of these stories and then follow the logic to see the very same flaws in the other versions -- and some not.

Maybe it's the difference between "wanting to prove that you're right" and wanting to find out what is right.

Posted by: Truth Without Fear ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 12:21PM

EverAndAnon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...I think to myself,
> OK, that guy can string together an argument, so
> why is it that he can't see the holes in his own
> position?...

Sadly, the same can be said for the Tanners. Brilliant at exposing the Morg. Christianity? Not so much.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 12:28PM

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 02:08PM

I too agree the bible is BS in believers claims of it having a sole divine extra terrestrial author called God but still it has a sense of authority and respect from many people and for the LDS church to use it (knowing perfectly they think its a crock,unreliable, manipulated and distorted by the evil Catholic apostate church) is deceptive.

I feel sorry for those missionaries as they get abused this way but at the end of the day they are otherwise trying to (albeit unknowingly)lead people into a potentially destructive cult. I blame the LDS parents for that.

I also noticed that many of these missionaries become very arrogant whilst on the mission, they can't take crticism or being told they are in a fraud.

If the Mormon God existed why didn't he take pity on them and send Joseph Smith and the Mormon version of John The baptist to kick the guys butt?

That would have been a great faith promoting incident.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 02:10PM by zeezrom.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 02:23PM

These guys ride up, want to sell their product and then collapse when the flow of their pitch gets interrupted.

Like many salesmen, the don't know about cars or whatever, they just want you to buy the one they're selling. And when you go into anything that sits outside their conversation parameters they shut down and go into 'you wanna buy the dang thing or not?' mode.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.