Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nevermodoc ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 01:49AM

To Grandson has Autism and anyone else interested,

I wish you and your grandsons happiness. Happiness and our compassion for others are two of the truest measures of life's success in my opinion. I certainly empathize with grandson's autism issues and I am happy to hear your other grandson does not have to face these same challenges. I do recommend parents, grandparents, and/or guardians get well educated regarding vaccines from a reputable source such as the American Academy of Pediatrics or CDC. I would recommend this article regarding Dr. Sears book and vaccine schedule( The Problem With Dr Bob's Alternative Vaccine Schedule in the Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics)Google it and you should find it. His recommendations provide some(not all)misinformation and/or information that is not backed up by scientific studies. As a physician it reminds me some of how FAIR and FARMS spin Mormon controversies.               On another note, thanks for the welcome. This site was instrumental in my search for answers regarding my "Mormon heartbreak" and eventually it, along with many, many, many, other sources, led me to first question my very, very, liberal United Church of Christ faith ( the first to have ordained women and LGBT clergy, although we were the ones that burned women in the Salem Witch Trials)and ultimately lead me to Secular Humanism. We(the UCC) cherry pick the good stuff in Christianity but hold on to the belief in a supernatural entity and in turn provide a cover or cloak for the fundamentalist in religion. Mormon sex, sin, and love initiated my journey beyond belief to Secular Humanism. Essentially I am the same person I always was,I just dropped the supernatural stuff. In doing so I have gained an even greater appreciation of my and others "one life" that we, through chance, won in the lottery of existence and consciousness. Thank you for thinking, posting, and working for a better world!              

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 01:57AM

Try not to burn anymore witches. We have a few on the board.

Sure, they may eat children, but I've given them some great recipes.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 02:08AM

Hey! you and I have come to the same conclusions! And we thought we were alone (at first). Now non-belief in the supernatural is growing at the speed of logic, thanks to the non-supernatural gods of the internet in this the budding age of information.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.