Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 03:14AM

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/08/11/the-duggars-are-ready-to-have-a-20th-child-do-you-think-theyre-crazy/

A TWENTIETH CHILD???????!???! AGH!!!! The 19th one was the UNIVERSE telling you: STOP! And some of the comments are like: Yea go for it!

A 20th child will kill her and the baby most likely. One way or another. AGH! The idiocy of a woman who has decades of knowledge on me. AGH!!!!

Sorry, just needed a quick rant. jff;kljdasf;lkdhs;klfjh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 03:42AM

I agree. They are lucky the 19th even survived let alone all the health problems she will have the rest of her life.

Those parents are disgusting.

Posted by: fancypants ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 03:49AM

I wanna know how they pay for all of them minus the money they get from their tv show. And just how big mormon families make it in general!

Date: September 16, 2011 04:08AM

They rent out commercial real estate properties they own. They made a lot of money when cell phone companies wanted to use their land for towers. They claim to be debt free.

They are not Mormon (I couldn't tell from your comment if you knew that or not). They are Baptist and follow the QuiverFull movement.

I think Mormons have a lot more social pressure to keep up the aappearance of being blessed plus the added burden for forking over 10% of their income that they will never see a return on. Honestly, I have no idea how the rank and file big Mormon families make it. My guess is credit cards and welfare.

Posted by: fancypants ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 06:17AM

nope I knew but they fall in the same category haha. crazy big families.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 04:11AM

Dancing is evil. Rock is evil. And limited internet. And no kissing before marriage. Ugh.

Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 04:22AM

The Duggars are clearly an ego trip or are religious fanatics.

Only people on the extreme who are disconnected to sanity are capable of these kinds of actions.

Anyone who has a child with severe health problems knows this takes a financial and emotion drain on everyone.

The other children are the ones that pay usually, especially if the 19th child needs support the rest of its life, which appears almost certain in their case. Taking care of this child will fall to its siblings, who aren't exactly going to have much $ given how many kids there are.

Money is finite, so the other kids are going to have to sacrifice or forgo their futures. That's tragic.

This is similar to a father deciding the mormon church needs his $ more than his family does (not paying for college, for example) so they become more indepedent and bla bla bla.
Its a crock of crap. These people are selfish and do what they want while wanting everyone else to thing they are special or more x.

Its a trainwreck...

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 09:01AM

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 05:40AM

Jim Duggar was given both land and a used car lot business by his dad, which he then grew/built up. The Duggars also had real estate holdings, and I think Jim used to hold a real estate license at one time, too.

I read (possibly in People magazne a long time ago), that the Duggar family is a tax exempt entity, due to the so-called church they formed and (used to) run in the basement of their home.

Maybe with their TLC/TV show funds, they have built a chapel on their newer property by now? No idea.

The church used to be comprised of only the immediate Duggar family, but they may now have other members, d/t to the popularity of their TV show.

But with that many kids, they'd probably pay no tax anyway, what with gifts to minors and trusts, and exemptions for each one of them.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 03:54PM

if That were true, 'everyone' would start a tax-exempt 'church'.

they may not have any Federal income tax liability, but I doubt they're escaping local property taxes.

I don't know anything about their state tax(es) situation...

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 06:31AM

"That woman's uterus should be declared a federal disaster area."

Given that my daughter survived the same bowel perforation/surgery as the Duggers' 19th (and I've still got the psychological hangover), I concur with the wisdom of that one...

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 07:55AM

well..... uhhhhhh .....then what would you like to do to Elder Bednar? Just curious.

Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 11:08AM

Lucky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well..... uhhhhhh .....then what would you like to
> do to Elder Bednar? Just curious.

Explosives are reserved for him...

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 08:06AM

As far as we know, she's not pregnant now, though. That article is over a year old.

I think they've started to distance themselves from Quiverfull, too.

If you want a quick laugh/queasy feeling, check out this video. Michelle wins Mother of the Year and JimBob looks like he wants to punch the smarmy emcee when he kisses Michelle one too many times.

http://vimeo.com/13342511

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 12:18AM

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 09:18AM

That poor, idiot man and woman. I can't imagine putting my johnson in something that birthed 20 kids. It'd be like waving a twizzle stick into the Grand Canyon during a driving rain.

Just sayin'...

ron

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 10:11AM

Posted by: MadameRadness ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 11:18AM

My mom's side of the family lives in Rogers Arkansas, which is where the oldest Duggar kids were born. They know the Duggars somewhat well and have a favorable opinion about Jim Bob and Michelle, but then that part of my family is somewhat fundy themselves.

From what I understand, they are in fact debt-free and have been since before the show started. Of course they appear to be a lot more comfortable now. I'm sure the show had something to do with that, but not only do they have real estate but I want to say they have their own towing company as well. They don't get tax credits for worshiping at home.

My family has lost contact with them over the years since the show took off. Things could be completely different with them now, I don't know.

I can appreciate them being intelligent with their money. I know way too many Mormon families with a fourth of the kids and none of the financial prowess that the Duggars have.

On the other hand, intentionally popping out more kids when you've had troubling pregnancies recently is a really, really bad idea. It seems irresponsible.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 11:30AM

There's some deep psychological stuff going on there about his god/king power feelings and probably her only real sense of power by being able to produce all these kids.

I will say that on the other end of the spectrum, there are those who refuse to have children because they "don't want to harm Mother Earth" or they want to keep living like college kids their whole life, and they effectively kill off their DNA line after thousands of years.

Which is worse?

OK, off my coffee fueled soap box for today...

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 02:07PM

What do you care if I "kill off my DNA line"? I don't understand why that's supposed to be "worse" than having 19 or 20 kids. In fact, I think it's selfish and narcissistic to have children not because you want them, but because you believe you have some sort of moral imperative to perpetuate your DNA.

Frankly, my DNA ain't all that to write home about. There's no reason to feel compelled to perpetuate that. I fail to see how that could be "worse" than mindlessly cranking out brainwashed little versions of yourself.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 04:01PM

Some people should NOT reproduce, and I'm fairly certain I am one of them.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 05:04PM

It's not on our list of things to do.
There is no "refusal" involved.
It's not mandatory to have children, nor should anyone expect somebody else to have them. If you want to have children, have them. But keep your nose out of other people's business.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 05:33PM

I admit that I have passed along a couple of bent strands of DNA, but haven't you ever met one of those really annoying militants who think that the world would be a better place without humans?

They're right of course, but that's besides the point...
:-) :-) :-)

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 05:45PM

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 12:26PM

The oldest has a brood mare who is popping out babies now, as well.

Mommy Duggar is definitely in the risk of having a Downs baby. Wonder what their interpretation of God's blessing would be about THAT. I'm surprised her uterus isn't hanging between her knees. There were a couple of sets of twins in that brood!

The burden of child raising has fallen on the children, and the place is organized like a military unit. It's all smiles and kisses and cooing over the most recent baby when the cameras are rolling, but I understand Mommy turns into a Drill Instructor when it's just the immediate Universe. She also has people come in to do the laundry. If you go to their website, there's a section for the family's "favorite recipes." Heavy emphasis on cream of mushroom soup and Velveeta.

I checked out the "Full Quiver" movement several years ago when a mention was made about the Duggars peripheral involvement. Freaky stuff. The core group is gravitating towards the Aryan Brotherhood philosophy, and message boards discuss "proudly having white babies."

UGH.

Maybe being pregnant all the time is the only solution she has to keep everything from sagging???

~VOW

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 03:46PM

http://godlessbitches.podbean.com/

Scroll down a bit to Episode 1.4 where Vyckie Garrison tells the story of her involvement with the Quiverfull movement.

Enjoy.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 07:10PM

No that belongs to a peasant woman in Russia in the 19th century whom I think had 69 kids or so and a lot of them were multiples. She was even prsented to the czar who was living back then.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060626145347AARhVCP

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 07:29PM

Not one of you has recognized this fact: Michelle Duggar is not raising those 19 children of hers. The older children care for the younger children. She merely supervises. she's not a parent, she's a traffic cop.

And she homeschools. Now, I don't have problems with that, having done it myself. But I did it because the schools in our area were so bad that I felt I had no choice. And I did it for a limited amount of time. My kids have gone on to parochial schools an then college (on scholarships).

The Duggars? Well, those kids have being used car salesmen and housewives to look forward to being . . .

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 08:36PM

nwmcare Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not one of you has recognized this fact: Michelle Duggar is not raising those 19 children of hers. The older children care for the younger children. She merely supervises. she's not a parent, she's a traffic cop.

I find that very unfair to the older children. If Michelle Duggar decides to have nineteen or twienty children, then she needs to raise those children herself. What she's doing is a sure-fire way to burn out her older children on child-rearing.

I've had classes of twenty or so very pleasant, well-regulated children. While you do get to know the children to some degree, you really don't have the time to form a relationship on a deeper level with them. You do spend a lot of time acting as a "traffic cop." Given that, I have to wonder why the Duggars have bothered having so many kids. The only conceivable reasons that I can think of are to perpetuate their DNA and to feel that they have rasied kids to certain "standards." But in my opinion, they have failed to form a true family. Running a hotel or the equivalent of an orphanage (their home has such a sterile look to it) does not constitute having a true family.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 12:20AM

With an orphanage, they'd be doing something noble for unwanted children who have a bleak future at best.

That's not even close to what's going on here.

Date: September 16, 2011 08:39PM

You are absolutely right. Placing the child-rearing on the older kids is a huge responsibility. A burden that should not be on their shoulders.

Now I'm all for being a contributing member of ones household and sharing in chores, babysitting and what not, but PARENTING? That falls to the older GIRLS specifically. That was not their choice and they shouldn't have to take that on because mommy and daddy are selfish assholes and wont stop having babies. Now special needs babies.

One of these kids is going to end up on Celebrity Rehab.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 08:18PM

She blames herself for a miscarriage she suffered after taking birth control pills. I think it's time she forgave herself.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.