Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wendell ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 10:17PM

Good heavens these people are easily bothered. So, my youngest child is 9 years old. She is the sweetest thing ever, and I would do anything for her. She asked me to attend the "Daddy/Daughter" activity at the church with her, so of course I said I would go. Anyway, it was supposed to be today, but has been moved to next week. i thought nothing about the change until tonight.

I was visiting my kids this evening when a man in the ward, whose wife happens to be in the Primary presidency, told me that they changed the date of the activity because the bishop was unable to attend, and they were nervous with my being there. I guess they can't deal with having the ward's "Big, Flaming, Queen" attend something like that. Perhaps they think I'm only going so I can try to convert them all to the Homosexual lifestyle? Well, there is no way in HELL I won't be there next week. I wouldn't miss that for the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2010 10:19PM by wendell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 10:58PM

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 11:13PM

"Oh, Jesus Christ!"

Posted by: BestBBQ ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 09:16PM

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 11:16PM

This sounds like it will be QUITE entertaining.

By the way, can you corrupt straight women into lesbianism? 'Cause I'm heterosexual but don't trust men, so I was thinking that if I could get over my opposite sex attraction I might just have a shot at a relationship. ;)

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:21AM

intellegent conversation.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:27AM

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:30AM

They changed the date of a planned group activity because a person known to be gay was going to be there, and they would be without the bishop's protection in your presence if the original date were kept?

That is one of the craziest things I've ever heard!

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:39AM

Posted by: Sparky ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:52AM

Please...when somebody gives you the obligatory greeting of "how are you doing?"

Say "Thuper...thanksth for athsking"!

Posted by: foolserrand2 ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 01:30AM

Don't forget to bring Wynona Ryder so she can do her amazing ping pong ball trick. It will be a smash.

Go and have a great time with your daughter!

Posted by: justme ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 05:53AM

When I announced to visit a sunday lesson about the unfaithful members they had a council about it and decided the bishop should give the lesson instead the planned teacher.

Yes, we're famous finally :-) ... And it was SUCH a boring lesson!! My last for years :-(

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 05:57AM

because her parents were worried I had planted bad ideas in her head. If only they knew she was the bad one during our little fling. However, I can't claim the power to convert people to or from homosexuality so you must be powerful indeed Wendell. I'm starting to feel a little attracted to you as I type this.

Date: September 23, 2010 06:49PM

I'm going to wear my purple gay shirt, with the top two buttons undone. I'll make sure my silver chain is showing on my bare chest. I'll wear my tightest jeans and my "69" belt buckle. I wonder how they'll like that? Should I bring my boyfriend?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:43AM

The more I learn about mormons, the less I respect them.

Posted by: george ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 07:45AM

Want to observe a complete meltdown? Have "Two Daddies" bring your daughter to the dance. And dance and hold hands with the other daddy occasionally.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 08:14AM

Maybe they're afraid you'll come marching in with a giant rainbow flag, wearing a dress. (But as long as the dress was "modest" and you wore it with hose and tasteful pumps . . . I don't know what the problem would be???)

;o)

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 09:08AM

OH so pathetically funny.

Enjoy your sweet daughter and dance away.

AnonyMs

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 09:12AM

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:19AM

..I am 100% hetero, but one halloween my kids talked me in to dressing up like Mrs. Doubtfire for the ward party. It was hilarious. I was the ugliest ol' lady you've ever seen (i.e. XXXXL dress w/ pillow, whig, glasses, shoes, the works, & Mrs. Doubtfire voice). What was even more hilarious was that when I saw the Bishop, his councilors, etc., I went right up to them, introduced myself as an investigator, and then hugged them with the "spirit of joyous fellowship." OMG it was so funny. Freaked them all out. Mormons have no real sense of humor, nor do they allow themselves any tolerance for diversity. One of the most bigoted, racist, intolerant religions in America.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:45AM

you had better have pictures of this. And go dressed to the 9's so that you totally outclass anyone and everyone who could possibly be there!

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:46AM

In an over-the-top flirtatious style go up to him and say something like, "I heard that they changed the date for this event so that you and I could be together!" Then give him a hug.

Date: September 23, 2010 10:50AM

DNA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In an over-the-top flirtatious style go up to him
> and say something like, "I heard that they changed
> the date for this event so that you and I could be
> together!" Then give him a hug.

PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Date: September 24, 2010 09:32AM

DNA Wrote:
> In an over-the-top flirtatious style go up to him
> and say something like, "I heard that they changed
> the date for this event so that you and I could be
> together!" Then give him a hug.

You forgot the big, wet, sloppy kiss.

Posted by: bornagainintheusa ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 02:13PM

"they changed the date of the activity because the bishop was unable to attend, and they were nervous with my being there."

That's funny!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 02:56PM

It's fascinating to watch their reaction. I think a lot of Mormons would rather live under a bridge than accept help from an apostate.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 03:06PM

My Bishop, when he was in the Elders Quorum in another ward, back in the late 70s went as Little Red Riding Hood with makeup, dress, pumps, hose, and cape and hood. His wife went as the 'Big Bad Wolf'. He danced with half the quorum and boy were they perturbed when everyone took their masks off at the end of the party!!! :D!

Mormons = morons sometimes

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 07:15PM

They couldnt get me to conform either, so they thought that by NOT helping me with my heat bill(gas) then these morgbots and goon squad members could get me to conform like a Stepford wife. It did NOT work, and I used my prior military survival skills to deal with NO heat in the winter. Did I mention that I went a year and a half with no heat in the house? In the end I survived and I am a stronger person for it, as they may have won the battle of no heat, but they never did break my spirit that was me all along. Stand up to those "jack *****. Be true to yourself and who you are.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 07:15PM

Posted by: hoo ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 07:57PM

or a blog or something.

You have a great attitude, but what they're doing is sick and wrong!

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 08:57PM

Good for you.

Posted by: Jules ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:26PM

Oh no! The mormons are going to catch teh gay!

I love the idea posted about hugging him and saying that they changed the date so you 2 could be together! That would be awesome!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:55PM

You won't be the only gay there--they just aren't aware of that.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:58PM

You could wear a dress.

Date: September 24, 2010 09:31AM

bona dea Wrote:
> You could wear a dress.

A blue dress, perhaps?

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 09:54AM

As if you are going to go there and do something that might thoroughly embarrass your DD. She is the only reason you would subject yourself to this bunch of jerks in the first place. I've never heard anything to top this asinine stupidity.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 10:04AM

I’m dreaming that I am reading this thread, right? Surely even Mormons aren’t THAT weird and homophobic…

Yes, apparently they are.

So, Wendell, here is your chance to educate some bigots. What impression do you want to leave them with?

It is possible that part of their fear is that you are an exmo, and possibly an angry one. Remember that bishop in California recently who was murdered at the stake center. They may not fear something that extreme, but if there is an “incident,” the current bishop wants to be there to handle it.

DD deserves to have her loving father with her at the Daddy/Daughter activity. Let us know how it goes, Wendell!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 12:09PM

Date: September 24, 2010 08:08PM

and I absolutely would not do anything to embarrass her. I'm simply going to go, smile, be courteous, and show those people that I am simply a devoted father trying to support my wonderful daughter. That will probably annoy them more than if i were to wear pumps and start singing show tunes during dinner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.