Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 20, 2011 07:22PM

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700180817/Breakfast-for-Smiles-honors-Mormon-Church-raises-125000.html
In reading the above article I went to the source of all LDS charitable information.

http://www.providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,4600-1-2323-1,00.html

1.2 Billion dollars since 1986 and a laundry list of mostly goods and some services getting something from LDS Inc. charity org. Doing the math 1 3 Billion dollar mall in what? 5 years? Less? and 1.2 Billion dollar charities in 25 years.

Yep. LDS Inc. is a business. And here they are in the above article acting JUST like one.

Unbelievable. If a religious organizations wants to gather up worldy glory for "being a part" of other non-profit activities fine, but to have the morg claim to not want "worldly" acclaim and to be the humble servants of God is ridiculous.

The longer I'm disconnected from the Motrix the more duped I feel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 20, 2011 07:25PM

http://www.providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,4606-1-2329-1,00.html
"Humanitarian projects are funded by donations from Church members and others."

But Big Burton was probably ALL SMILES as he took credit for all the member's donations.

What a humble servant of The Lord.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: September 20, 2011 07:45PM

1.2 billion = 1,200,000,000 divided by 25 years = 48,000,000 per year. They claim what 13 million members today?? Giving them the benefit of the doubt and say that over that 25 years they have claimed an average of about 10 million members means that less than $5 per member per year goes to charity.

Most churches give way more than that, without requiring 10%, AND paying for clergy, janitors, organists, secretaries, etc.

Time to open the books and show where all that tithing is going. Unless a majority of the sheeple wake up and demand to see the books and refuse to give any more $$$$$ until they do, it will never happen.

Date: September 21, 2011 08:10AM

In their madness in the 50s to grow the morg I think the books showed how much expenditures were going out and home the "temporal" side was failing to pick up the difference from the tithing funds.

They closed the books and it is anyone's guess how well managed the morg is. My guess is Nathan Tanner and Hugh B. Brown along with a host of others made the church solvent and swung it the other way - way to the right(eous) run like a large for-profit corp.

But the rub is what LDS Inc. does for "all creatures great and small."

They obviously let God take care of the grass and knowing when a sparrow falls.

Compared to Catholic Charities LDS Inc. looks like the philanthropic efforts of Coca Cola Inc. And I bet a lot of staff at Morg Charities Incorporated is either underpaid or volunteer.

Their "Welfare" concept is take care of their own as if it were a business to reap (in labor) what they sow in giving. The only exception is "Fast Offerings."

All in all it is not a priority but a photo opportunity for the morg when it gives. The fact that the mall in a handful of years outstrips 25 years of charity primarily harvested from members and not headquarters gives me pause.

In the economy of Heaven God is a businessman.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: September 20, 2011 08:03PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.