Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 09:05PM

I'm not jealous. I'm not resentful. I'm sad. And I feel like I'm in the final stage of recovering. And then it's just waiting to move out and discover who I am. I want to stay here. Stay in my room, go to a nearby college. Be able to come home every night and gripe to my parents about how hard college is. What kid doesn't want that? But, my father has made it clear. I'm under his control until I move out of this house. He thinks that'll be in two years. I smirk to myself when I think how shocked he will be when I take my own life into my own hands in about 9 months.

Just. All I ever wanted was to be accepted and understood. And I've gotten that from my brother. My friends. You guys. But not from the people from whom I wish it from most. They'll probably expect me to be one of those converts who leaves at my age and comes back twenty years later. Doesn't help my young women teacher is like that. But I'm sad I can't have the relationship I used to have with my parents. And I'm not mad at them or the church. Just sad. But, after all this time. I'm beginning, just simply beginning to accept it. And maybe once I've moved out, they'll see the adult I see in myself. Thanks for listening. I love you all so very much. ((((HUGS)))))

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 09:16PM

Don't be surprised if it comes back. It ebbs and flows, so it's natural.

Also, your parents will adjust over time, especially when life goes on and you marry and start having your own children.

Best of luck--you are doing great so far and keep up the writing. You have talent and a bright future.

Keep us posted :)

Anagrammy

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 09:16PM

Do you have good plans? Money saved?

I didn't have plans at all when I left home at 18, but 15 years later everything has worked out better than I imagined.

Of course if you think your parents might read here, don't disclose your plans, I'm just curious.

Date: September 21, 2011 09:34PM

I am going to join a successful MLM soon. To pass the time until that I'm soon getting a job at pizza hut or coldstone or cinemark or panda express to pay for my car insurance. I'm taking my PSAT soon. And I am going to room with a friend of mine. I am beginning to set a schedule that I'll follow once I've moved out so I get into certain habits. I have plans. My future looks bright. And I'm not afraid.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 10:16PM

Do a search on "MLM" on RFM and read everything you find. Mormonism itself is an MLM (we are God's downline), and I suspect that is why Mormons are such suckers for MLMs. They operate just like the Mormons do.

And they both suck the life and brains out of their victims. And the cash. OTOH, you're young enough to not have much cash to lose, so you may learn a valuable lesson relatively cheaply.

I urge caution.

Posted by: zarahemwhat ( )
Date: September 22, 2011 12:32AM

You might be joking about the MLM, but if you aren't pleeeease don't. They are scams and even ones that are established will suck up time and your personal cash like you will not believe!! You will be better off spending that time at a retail job like you mentioned, where at least you know there's a check coming. You're going to do great, but be smart out there!

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: September 22, 2011 12:38AM

MLM's are major rip-offs! Stay away from them! The only persons who makes money from them are those who start them, and often they end up in jail.

They're almost as bad as LDS Corp.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: September 22, 2011 01:03AM

You will most likely form the closest relationships with your siblings and friends. *They* will understand you in ways your parents never will, even if your parents are well-intentioned. It's part of becoming an adult, an individual, and being in a different generation.

Date: September 22, 2011 01:46AM

Ya. Joking about the MLM. Of course. XD but, I do have plans and support for when I move out.

Posted by: The 1st FreeAtLast ( )
Date: September 22, 2011 01:47AM

Until your parents are willing to take off their mental blinders and start to comprehend how cultic Mormonism 'programmed' them, there will be a significant gap between you and them. You've psychologically matured beyond them. The older generation is supposed to have grown past their naivete and no longer need religion to be a psychological opiate.

But millions of adult Latter-day Saints haven't matured psychologically - and their questioning, rational-thinking, intelligent children have grown past them.

'Faithful' Latter-day Saints just don't get it because they're still psychologically chained to Mo-ism. They're trapped in a prison, but they don't see the cell walls and bars. They also don't realize that they have the key to liberate themselves.

Yes, it's a sad situation, but on the plus side, in the past 15-16 years of the Internet, 100's of 1,000's of people have freed themselves from the chronically dishonest LDS Church and cultic Mo-ism.

You're one of the liberated 'souls', as it were. Enjoy your life to the greatest extent possible, and best wishes!

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: September 22, 2011 09:40AM

IMO it is CRUCIAL that you set a good example. Be as good and moral person as you can be. Let your parents and significant others see by your behavior that you are not some crazy hedonist. Over time, as they see that you are responsible and capable of living a good life, they will come to accept you as you are - not the way they want you to be.

Stay on the right track - things will get better. I promise.

Keep us posted and best wishes to you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.