Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: godesstogodless ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 07:51PM

I only caught some of it - they looked pretty normal and the wives were all pretty. I think I heard he had 20 something children. How can they afford all those kids? Dr. Phil is taking on FLDS next 2 days so making sure I record that. How soon do you think it is going to take before polygamy is legalized in U.S?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 08:05PM

godesstogodless wrote: "How soon do you think it is going to take before polygamy is legalized in U.S?"

I would love to see TSCC squirm around THAT one! ........."It's the new and everlasting covenant!"......... "It's against the law? We'll leave the States and go to to Utah! Besides, it was rare and we did it to help the widows and orphans!"............ "We can be a state if we drop polygamy? Uh, OK, God says sorry I was kidding."........ "Those FLDS people are NOT mormons--what they do is descipable!"........... "It's legal? Oh, uh, we, uh....never mind...uhhhh.....Family: Isn't it About Time!?"

Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 08:36PM

Seriously I bet if it was legalized the church would suddenly change it's position. Could you imagine? I hope they do because I'm sure many people would leave the church....well I hope they would.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 09:04PM

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 12:37AM

It is harmful to everyone concerned -- male, female and child, not to mention society in general.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 06:39AM

I agree w/Rebeckah. I hope it never is.

There are practical, legal, medical, health and ethical reasons why polygamy has never been legal in the US.

There are countries where it is now legal. If someone wants to practice polygamy, I say they need to go wherever that is---not try to force it into everyone's face, or try to make it legal here.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 09:05AM

Most mormons are attractive and normal looking but are brainwashed and have the serious recovery issues we read about here every day.

Polygamists have every one of those problems and others in the extreme!

I still know and I'm related by blood to many present day mormon polygamists and grew up on a compound seeing all of this upfront and personal.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.