Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cherokeewoman ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:03PM

It's been a while since I have posted, though I visit frequently.

This evening I went to a court of eagle presentation for a young man LDS who actually did an outstanding job on his eagle project, not a typical clean the grave yard.

Short story I haven't stepped into the LDS church since I left in 2006 but felt I needed to be there for this young man and his family who remained unjudgemental friends of mine since I left and even helped cleaned up my yard after a severe storm.

Anyway one of the ignorant P-holders approached me with "I haven't seen you in years". My comment was I haven't been here in this chapel in years since I left and I am on a new path.

His next comment was "so how is life treating you" My comment back was absolutely wonderful since leaving this church.

He came back with you still living in ....... and I said yes.

Next was are you still working at and spending most of your time there since you don't have family here" I said I am still working there but waiting for a new path to find it way. But I am not spending the majority of my time there. I am a minister in the Native American Church which I am instrumental in bringing into the area. I travel twice a month to KY for training, meetings, and helping those who are in need. They have been absolutely wonderful to me and even restored my faith in the true teachings of Jesus Christ.

Funny thing he about spit out everything in his mouth and said oh and walked away.

I figured someone would get a small laugh besides me from almost spitting out of his food because women aren't to be ministers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:09PM

What did he do or say? Or was it that you had a history with him being ignorant in the past? Or was it his tone of voice?

Date: November 11, 2010 03:05PM

It was is tone of voice, they treated me like a second class citizen when I was active. Just because I have no family (CHILDREN) doesn't me that I am only working. He was one of those idiots who gave me a constant hard time for not having children.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:12PM

"... even restored my faith in the true teachings of Jesus Christ."

Good for you!

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:13PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 10:14PM by Twinker.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:14PM

Once we get through the personal "storm" of leaving the LDS church, life DOES become wonderful in ways the still-TBMs cannot begin to imagine.

You found your true path, cherokeewoman. What a lovely story!

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:22PM

Love it! A lady elder! More power to you! Jesus never treated women as non equals! He was truly a revolutionary in the male-oriented era surrounding him while on earth.
I'm glad you haven't given up on him!

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 11:44PM

Date: November 11, 2010 03:06PM

AH, I thought about offerening him a blesshing. I'll use that the next time (if there is one)....

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 01:29AM

I guess he didn't know how to respond. Bit of a surprise! :-)

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 12:09PM

LOL

Posted by: bobcat ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 12:30PM

Great response to Mr. Nosey, Cherokeewoman! Sure wish there was a Native American Church here so that I could attend. I'd have to move back to Florida to find one connected to the Seminole tribe.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 02:58PM

Good job answering the oaf!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 03:22PM

sorry for a little OT hijack..but... i went to the Big Cypress(Seminole) Indian arts and cultural festival last weekend in the Everglades... and i looked at one of the tables with t-shirts and when i saw this i had to have it!! on a brown t-shirt was:

"HOMELAND SECURITY"
(under that caption are 5 or 6 Native Americans in tribal garb and rifles)
"FIGHTING TERRORISM SINCE 1492"
I BUSTED OUT LAUGHING AND BOUGHT THE DARN THING!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.