Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SilkRose (not logged in) ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 02:40PM

"Daughters aren't to be independent. They're not to act outside the scope 
of their father. As long as they're under the authority of their fathers, fathers have the ability to nullify or not the oaths and the vows. Daughters can't just go out 
independently and say, ‘I'm going to marry whoever I want.' No. The father has 
the ability to say, ‘No, I'm sorry, that has to be approved by me.'"

http://jezebel.com/5708306/the-women-of-the-stay-at-home-daughters-movement

In this movement, brought on by the Christian Patriarchy/Visionaries, it isn't enough for simply wives to stay at home, daughters must also do so. They remain under complete control of their fathers until the day they marry. They aren't to devote their lives, forsaking all education and desires/careers, to dote on their fathers and be "helpmeets" to him....um isn't this what WIVES are for?

This movement has to be one of the sickest by far. I knew people like this growing up in the FUndie Baptist/Quiverfull community. It is essentially emotional incest in my opinion. The movement requires kid after kid after kid to be born, therefore, daughters are needed to take care of them.

While there may be those who are happy with this arrangement (at least on the surface), i.e. Michelle Dugger (19 kids and counting)....what about the ones who are not? The point is, it is NOT a choice, it is a demand.

Because these girls/women lack education they are unable to truely leave their father's homes. The only way out, is to marry whom your father has chosen for you.

If they leave, they will loose all financial and emotional and cultural support. They have been so incredibly sheltered, that they simply have no idea that they can legally abandon this lifestyle. Most have no clue about outside resources.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 03:10PM

I see Burqa's in their future

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 03:30PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.