Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 11:28AM

Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE it when people just pop in without warning. Church members are notorious for that.

We were watching football and playing with our toddler yesterday when we were interrupted by the doorbell. I peeked outside and saw two men in suits and warned DH that it was church guys. He went downstairs to answer the door and promptly came up a minute later. He said they introduced themselves as our new home teachers and were wondering when they could set up an appointment. He told them he works a lot and values what little time he gets to spend with his family and he is not interested in having home teachers come visit. Those poor guys didn't know what hit 'em. DH said they kind of looked stunned for a moment and then mumbled their goodbyes.

DH is usually really passive about things, preferring to just ignore emails or phone calls and hope people will just get the message. So the fact that he confronted these guys and told them we're not interested is huge. Plus, he's been a little slower to follow me in my journey of unbelief. I feel like we've reached a milestone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 11:32AM

I want a wife like mmfaker!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Posted by: dclarkfan1 ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 11:42AM

Your husband finally sees the light, Molly. Congrads!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 11:55AM

Great going! :-D

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 12:08PM

whole problem. He just practiced a life lesson that will stand him well in dealings with car salesmen and the like too!

That's how I view love bombing now - a practice session sent to me to work on my assertiveness skills.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 12:42PM

mollymormonfaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Those poor guys didn't know what hit 'em. DH said
> they kind of looked stunned for a moment and then
> mumbled their goodbyes.

HA! They are told they HAVE to get 100% home teaching or Jesus (and the EQP) will be pissed. Now DH makes it impossible for them to do that. That's what's frustrating for them.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 12:47PM

LOL, I can see it now:

"We're your new home teachers and would like to set up an appointment."

"You're who from what? Yer kidding me, right? I don't think so, later."

Ron

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 01:17PM

Very likely they'll keep trying. Hopw he keeps saying no.

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 01:19PM

Another exmo in the making!

What kind of Bozos drop by without an appointment to MAKE an appointment?

Just bizarre. Glad he's waking up from the mind meld!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 01:33PM

That was an example of how to take your power back and own it!
He made his priorities clear, what he would accept and not accept.
If you don't want something in your life, it's OK to say: No thank you!

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 02:38PM

Whichever it takes. ;)

Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 02:03PM

One thing I couldn't understand for the past year after I decided I didn't believe anymore was why it has taken DH so long to do the same. He never went on a mission, had pre-marital sex, drinks coffee and beer, never believed in the BoA, wouldn't give prayers or talks, etc. He called the hymns funeral dirges and we always left after sacrament meeting.

Yet, he would get angry if I bad-mouthed the church and even accused me of bursting the "happy little Mormon bubble" (his words) that was our marriage. He seemed to think that our marriage was based mostly on the fact that we met at Institute and had religion in common. Forget all our other similarities!

I'm so glad he's finally coming around and standing up to pushy members. He just needs to learn how to say no to his mother now. We went out to lunch with his parents last month, and his mom waited until I went to the restroom and then shoved an Ensign article at him. It was about how wives of non-worthy PH holders could still go to the temple. That was the perfect opportunity to say something and yet he didn't. Sigh. Small steps, right? lol

On a good note, I gave all our temple clothing (and those of another family!! woo hoo) to the stake president's wife a couple weeks ago. We haven't used them in years and I want the closet space. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.