Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mechwerks ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 03:12PM

A Dan Jones pollster called me over the weekend asking me extensive questions about gay marriage in UT. In particular they were focusing on how I felt the image of the Legislature and LDS Church was perceived outside of UT. They asked me if I supported gay marriage and gay rights. My answers were always, "Yes, I support rights for all Human Beings." I think it frustrated the pollster because I wouldn't answer per the script. At the end the pollster asked some "demographics" questions including if I associated with the Tea Party (first) and then any other party (my answer was no association with any party). Also asked what religion I subscribed to. They didn't have "atheist" on the list. By the questions and allowed responses it seemed to me this was being funded by a group of people who didn't care about/understand gay rights (or human rights in general) and was more interested about majority opinion.

Anyway, you may be hearing about this by some blurb on KSL in the near future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 03:57PM

mechwerks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyway, you may be hearing about this by some
> blurb on KSL in the near future.

A lot of polling by people like Dan Jones is not meant for public release but are for helping certain groups plan strategy. This might very well be a poll whose results are proprietary and will never be released to the public.

Posted by: mechwerks ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 10:45AM

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 03:50PM

Or it may be the segue to a change in church policy, or at least political activity. Just like the changes in the temple ceremony.

Don't get me wrong the only thing I want them to do is close shop, but a revelation of convenience to loosen up and embrace gay marriage wouldn't be bad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.