Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rt ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 01:31PM

Interestingly, over at the MAD-house they hailed a similar find as a serious blow to "the critics" (as they prefer to call people who actually think):

http://www.mormonapologetics.org/topic/51144-will-this-article-have-critics-shaking-in-their-cowboy-boots/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 03:25PM

http://news.discovery.com/archaeology/genocide-native-americans-ethnic-cleansing.html

>Crushed leg bones, battered skulls and other mutilated human remains are likely all that's left of a Native American population destroyed by genocide that took place circa 800 A.D., suggests a new study.

Of course in checking the comments section, we see the author of the study is disturbed at the way Discovery News sensationalized their finds... Warning: some racist crap has also infiltrated the discussions...

http://news.discovery.com/archaeology/genocide-native-americans-ethnic-cleansing.html#view-comments

It'll be interesting to follow if it grows legs because this is just ever-so-slightly outside the BOM timetable; my guess is Rod Meldrum will seize on it, however, to "refudiate" the LGT crowd...

Posted by: RichardtheBad ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 08:55PM

Interesting yes, but neither of yours supports the limited geography theory like my story. Nor do they, like mine, have same historical veracity as the Book of Mormon.

(Sorry, on a different computer and can't remember my login)

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:29PM

The BOM may be on par with "The Onion" in the historical veracity department on this one, but I give The Onion the edge in hysterical veracity...

SLC
Not sure if any archaeologist has ever used "hysterical veracity," but it's certain possible...

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 12:16AM

You guys are terrible and mean. I totally prayed about this civilization and got an answer from god that these were the Lamanites. Why else would archeologists call them "retarded?"
They had rejected god and therefore become "retarded" and made tools that didn't work "for shit."
I challenge each of you to pray about this article and gain a testimony thereof.

P.S. Any answer from god that differs from mine is from Satan, so get the right answer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.