Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subliminal ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 09:29AM

And I've learned so much I probably would've never learned in the church itself. I'm probably one of the youngest posters on this board so these experiences are like "What couldn've happened to me." I'm glad I got out so early!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 09:43AM

It's much easier to get out before you have a wife and children immersed in the church. I wish I'd understood things earlier in my life.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 09:54AM

You are lucky. I was stuck in it for 30+ years.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 09:58AM

Date: October 30, 2011 10:20AM

People don't take me seriously when I tell them my age.

Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 10:26AM

I go by what someone does and says to decide whether to take him or her seriously or not. Taking a good, hard look at your core beliefs is painful and difficult, and to me, that is a definite sign of someone who deserves to be taken seriously.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 11:54AM

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 10:00AM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 10:29AM

Welcome and yes, this place does allow you to see what your life in your 20's, 30's and 40's and beyond could have been like. Not fun. If you are out you have saved yourself some real painful experiences and heartache. May we ask if you are the only one in your family out....or were you a convert?

Date: October 30, 2011 11:26AM

A couple of my family members have gotten out. My two aunts and a couple of my cousins. My mom is also inactive. She was a convert, and I think she went back to Buddhism. My dad got disfellowshipped but I don't know how it's going with him. And I'm teaching my younger sisters that the church is a lying cult. Better they learn now than later.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 11:40AM

That's one thing the internet does well -- allows young people to be taken seriously (or not) based on the merits of the comments. Cheers to you that you spelled "subliminal" correctly.

You are definitely on the right track and I'd like to give you a suggestion that a smart cookie like you will enjoy. Instead of giving your younger sisters your conclusion, why not teach them critical thinking and let them come to the conclusion themselves.

Search this site for "Fido" and you'll see my suggestion on how to use the family dog to teach a five year old the difference between an observation and a conclusion-- and to trust their own judgment.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We're here for you!

Best

Anagrammy

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 11:42AM

20ish years ago, the truth about TSCC was not easy to find nor widely available.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.