Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: O2 ( )
Date: November 14, 2010 10:42AM

"Young mothers and fathers, with all my heart I counsel you not to postpone having your children, being co-creators with our Father in heaven.

Do not use the reasoning of the world, such as, "We'll wait until we can better afford having children, until we are more secure, until John has completed his education, until he has a better paying job, until we have a larger home, until we've obtained a few of the material conveniences," and on and on.

This is the reasoning of the world and is not pleasing in the sight of God. Mothers who enjoy good health, have your children and have them early. And, husbands, always be considerate of your wives in the bearing children.

Do not curtail the number of your children for personal or selfish reasons. Material possessions, social convenience, and so-called professional advantages are nothing compared to a righteous posterity. In the eternal perspective, children--not possessions, not position, not prestige--are our greatest jewels."

http://fc.byu.edu/jpages/ee/w_etb87.htm

Choosing the Mormon lifestyle often means that many other options are closed forever. This is another painful and dangerous irony of Mormonism. If Mormon youth truly want to remain, "free to choose, win or lose, no matter who tries to turn their heads around" they will reject the destructive counsel of the Mormon leaders. Following the prophet means a person hands over their decision making and by age 21 the course of their life has been locked in.

BYU coeds marrying at 18 or 19 and having children is still teen pregnancy with ALL of the associated fallout. The reality is they are engaging in (planned) unprotected sex before their educations are complete and before they have even left their adolescent years. This closes the door on many educational and career opportunities. Going back part time at age 40 when the grandkids start arriving is not the same in any way, shape, or form in spite of the rationalizations provided by the leadership. The prophet and apostles fail to realize that they are commanding teen pregnancy with all associated complications for their flock. In fact, many teens who become pregnant who are not part of Mormonism find ways to go to school and start careers. Mormon women are hindered because they are commanded to stay at home.

Mormonism defiinitely results in being trapped by the prophet's decisions for the believers' lives.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 14, 2010 10:53AM

One reason the teen pregnancy rate is lower in the MoZone is that a higher percentage of teen girls are already married -- and therefore not counted.

Posted by: Scottino123 ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 12:23PM

I am interested in finding a Mormon wife. I’m not into silicone and tattoos but clean living

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 01:15PM

Not many current Mormons here. The clue is in the site's name: Recovery from Mormonism.

Also, from what my friends here tell me, Mormonism does not appear to protect against silicone...

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 04:12PM

Scottino123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am interested in finding a Mormon wife. I’m
> not into silicone and tattoos but clean living

Are YOU Mormon???

Were you raised "Mormon" in some way??? [Means: You grew up in a highly-Mormon area...you have Mormon relatives...]

If not, you probably have no idea of what marriage to "a Mormon wife" (assuming that she is a believing Mormon) can mean in three-dimensional married life when you, as the husband in the marriage, are not Mormon.

Posted by: scmdnotloggedin ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 12:44AM

Scottino123 Wrote:
> I am interested in finding a Mormon wife. I’m
> not into silicone and tattoos but clean living

If you look long and hard enough, there are girls and women to be found who aren't tatted or siliconed up who also are not LDS. I found one. I wasn't necessarily looking for those specific attributes, but after the fact, I'm quite glad to have found a wife with them. Mine happened to be a nineteen-year-old nevermo BYU grad (she was sixteen when I met her but I waited until she was legal before going on a formal date or doing anything that could have gotten me into trouble) but they can be found in other places as well. My wife's three brothers found women without tats or piercings, too, and none have as much as set foot on an LDS campus.

Posted by: sbj ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 12:48AM

Please marry someone for WHO they are,not WHAT they are.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 02:24PM

Over the years, I've sensed a slight change in attitudes regarding unwed pregnancies:

Slightly less of a Guilt Trip,

more of a (again slight) 'Congrats', especially for not getting an abortion.

This has happened so much in Morland, it's almost like old news. Really.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 02:32PM

Couples who have too many children too early in their married lives dig themselves into a financial hole they will rarely get out of .

The only exception would be if they have wealthy family members paying for their advanced education and also making the down payment on a home for them.
A couple of dependable cars, paid for, should also be gifted.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 02:41PM

Those babies have been in elementary school and headed for secondary.

Posted by: dinosaurprincess ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 04:14PM

I got out of the church on my pregnancy with my second child. I did thankfully wait until my late twenties to start having them but I can say that it's great not to have church pressure to have more because I am DONE at two. It's been the most stressful five years of my entire life thus far.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 04:21PM

I keep forgetting to notice the dates on the original posts. Shouldn't these suckers expire/close after 2 or 3 years?

Scottino, I'll introduce you to my very granola niece. She's gay, but she doesn't acknowledge it. She's too righteous to even dye her hair. You should get along fabulously.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 04:57PM

They think popping out babies as fast as possible even though you can't afford it pleases the lord.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 11:31PM

O2 Wrote:
> "Young mothers and fathers, with all my heart I
> counsel you not to postpone having your children,
> being co-creators with our Father in heaven.
>
> Do not use the reasoning of the world, such as,
> "We'll wait until we can better afford having
> children, until we are more secure, until John has
> completed his education, until he has a better
> paying job, until we have a larger home, until
> we've obtained a few of the material
> conveniences," and on and on.
>
> This is the reasoning of the world and is not
> pleasing in the sight of God. Mothers who enjoy
> good health, have your children and have them
> early. And, husbands, always be considerate of
> your wives in the bearing children.
>
> Do not curtail the number of your children for
> personal or selfish reasons. Material possessions,
> social convenience, and so-called professional
> advantages are nothing compared to a righteous
> posterity. In the eternal perspective,
> children--not possessions, not position, not
> prestige--are our greatest jewels."
>
> http://fc.byu.edu/jpages/ee/w_etb87.htm

BELIEVE IT OR NOT ....LDS Inc actually made this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDVeKwmA1MY

I was shocked because I am very well aware of the kind of thing that you cited coming from LD$ inc !!!

EITHER WAY, LD$ Inc just is not happy unless they are dictatorially meddling in people's life and stealing their lives from them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzMMCA3mmGk

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.