Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 08:21AM

Yesterday, I stopped at Hardees and there was a gospel singing going on. This happens every week and you can't hardly find a place to sit down. More like Bluegrass gospel. I think people should be able to worship if they feel so inclined but, a fast food restaurant is not the place.It sort of pissed me off and I was ill for a few hours afterward. Perhaps I should have went somewhere else but, I was in a hurry. This was about eight o'clock in the morning. Do you think I'm wrong for feeling the way I do?
I did call Hardee HQ last year and it stopped for a while. Started back about two months ago. Guess I'll just go somewhere else when I'm in a hurry next time. Jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 08:32AM

I don't get it, was it the workers singing while manning their fry stations or whatever, or is it some gospel group that assembles there?

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 08:45AM

Sorry I didn't make it clear. Some local people bring guitars, banjos and other instruments and have a gospel hoedown. Some seemed to be trying to show their talent for singing. Being a fast food restaurant, I don't understand why Hardees allow this.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 03:25PM

It's only fair if you think about it. The pastor stole all their money and invested it into a Hardees franchise. The least he could do is let the poor suckers come in and play their instruments...

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 09:10AM

This reminds me of a time when at a SA conference we boarded a boat to go around the islands, it was probably a 2 hr ride. The SA Reps had decided it would be great to sing a hymn when we were half way into it where all you see are little islands and cottages. I don't know what happened, we were told it was cancelled but some minutes later it was on again. We all went to the front of the boat facing the lake and began to sing. People were staring at us and I felt a bit awkward but as a good mormon carried on and truly it wasn't that bad, I thought it was nice. We were done and that was that. Later at the F&T meeting this rep said something about people complaining and/or making fun of us, but assured us it was the best thing we did on that cruise.

My thoughts then were well they don't understand. My thoughts now are we didn't understand, or at least the rep didn't understand, that those people onboard paid to have a tour of the islands and some reasonable peace, not to be forced to listen to the mormons sing. I don't remember what we sang, I hope it was not praise to the prophet. I also think of how we are programmed to support our leaders in whatever idea they have, no matter how crazy or unreasonable it may be. The singing was not too crazy but it was inconsiderate to the other passengers.

D

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 09:49AM

Next Tuesday find a guitar, set up in there, and sing a rowdy rendition of "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw".

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: jeebusinasidecar ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 01:53PM

Instead of Ron's suggestion, you could sign The Beatles' "Why Don't We do it In the Road?".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.