Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: serena ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 05:34PM

It's so very odd. See, we're normal, and we're freakin awesome! Yeah . . . ok. My husband, not nearly as familiar with Mormonism, is nonplussed. What is this? he says. Have you EVER seen a non-white mormon here? Yeah, we live near Spokane, but take a look at GC audience shots, and pics of the MoTab singers. Look, there's the tokens! And the cameras keep panning in on them. It's embarrassing, or it should be.

*sigh* Yeah - they're so well-adjusted and normal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 10:02PM

Al Sharpton for prophet!!

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 10:37PM

I noticed that too....we get all the Spokane channels on Shaw Cable and those Moronic ads not edited out and replaced with Canuck ones are polluting the airwaves here in Alberta.

Nauseating.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 11:03PM

Every time after general conference, all the interviews for Morg owned SLC TV stations are non-white. The pictures the next day in the Morg owned newspapers are non-white. The pictures for the church magazine are non-white. I've been downtown after GC lets out and have seen NOTHING but white people-- thousands of them.

To watch their advertising, you would think that 75% of the Cult in the U.S. was non-white. All of their ads are NOT typical Morgbots, and not just in race. Pure bait and switch.

Posted by: mobegone ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 11:13PM

Perhaps the church is moving away from white and delightsome, to dark and delicious?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 05:25PM

They are running for office, for pete's sake

Anagrammy

Posted by: jeebusinasidecar ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 11:30AM

I haven't seen them, because our TV isn't working. However, my sister is staying at my aunt's house, and said she saw one where an Italian man says he owns and operates a vineyard and is a Mormon. Could happen, I guess-but, my sister says that in the commercial, he tastes his own wine. Do Italian Mormons drink wine?

On a related note, did you see the Mormon puff piece about the "I'm a Mormon" campaign in yesterday's section of the Spokesman?

Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 05:36PM

I would love to know the answer to that. Can Italian mormons drink wine?

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 11:39AM

I think only 3% is actually black and a smattering of others. I'd have to look it up but I imagine Asian is out highest number minority.

Makes me glad I don't have a television. lol

(Well, I don't have one for TV. We watch Netflix and movies.)

Posted by: jeebusinasidecar ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 08:14PM

My thoughts exactly. We have pockets of other races, but we are mostly white. I would say that Asians probably are the biggest minority in the Spokane area. I went to Mt. Spokane High School (out in Mead), and attended the Mead SD K-12. I remember going to school with maybe four or five black kids all though school-and one was a foreign exchange student!

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 08:43PM

I graduated from Mead Sr. High (before there was a Mount Spokane High School). lol

I have cousins who graduated from Mount Spokane, though.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 02:13PM

Same thing is happening on the Seattle TV stations.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 02:43PM

don't ANY TBMs see the contrast here? WTF!

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 02:52PM

remarried - and a Mormon.

It's all about diversity.

This ARIS/CUNY study found 91% of Mormons to be White, 8 percent to Hispanic, and you do the math - about ONE percent to be other races, including Black.
http://www.gc.cuny.edu/CUNY_GC/media/CUNY-Graduate-Center/PDF/ARIS/ARIS-PDF-version.pdf?ext=.pdf
It's on page 35.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 09:33PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.