Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 11:26AM

One of those "coincidences" that just seems to be my life.

We live in Middle America so this is not a norm. We recently bought a house 6 months ago from a yes LDS family. The family had all sorts of golden idols (Captain Moroni and his golden trumpet of power) as we were looking but this didn't bother us much we still bought the house.

After buying I said to my wife that the mishies will probably show up at the door and say something like "Does so and so live here?" Knowing full well that they are still in the same ward but using it as a tracking opportunity.

Well imagine this the TBM sister and in law husband plus his oldest boy and new TBM wife are up visiting from Utah it's late around 9pm and we are talking, laughing and enjoying a movie. Tap Tap Tap three times at the door I almost answered what is wanted but refrained due to our guest TBM family in the house. Low and behold it was the missionaries asking verbatim "Does so and so live here? We were just checking up on them....? I wanted to show my new companion their house."

I answered no they moved and here's the address. Before I could close the door Elder Super tall decides to ask well you have Utah plates so do you know much about Mormons. I reply "why yes we used to be Mormon about 6 years ago but now we are exmormons all because of church history if you would like to know more?"

Elder Super Tall says "No thanks but if there is anything you would like for us to do we are always around" I said in the same way, "No thanks we have our own friends and church so you don't have to worry about us." Elder Super tall says, "Well we would be more than happy to paint the house or change light bulbs." I replied, "Thanks but I am not a service project."

First off 9pm is way too late and dark. My wife was on the tread mill so she was mad I didn’t come get her to have fun with them. Then once I got back to the movie all the family was silent like they sent them. It was so surreal. I should call the MP and tell him that it was way too late to be sending people out but that would just put me on the radar for more contact AND the people we bought the house from are very high office public figures so I can’t imagine that the missionaries just didn’t know they moved.

Pisses me off,
Anubis

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 11:37AM

My TBM family will go to church where ever they are, even on vacation. If your family did, I would feel sure they had something to do with the visit.

P.S. Tell Elder Tall that sunday is not p day, and he shouldn't be wasting the lords time on showing his companion someones home.

Date: November 21, 2011 11:56AM

I know it's odd but they didn't go that morning. I'm still thinking it's just coincidence and then again it could have been the other TBM inlaws that sent them because they just got our address or it could really have been the old owners.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when the mishies tell the old owners that Ex-Mormons bought their house. They are going crap a brick. They liked us because we home schooled like they did. The old owner met my boss and told him how he liked us because we were a good family and should be Mormon.

My boss said he had a hard time not rolling his eyes in the middle of a public meeting. I've had a few conversations about Mormons with him.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 12:01PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 12:17PM

oos plates are Illegal in most places (unless yr in the military)

my editorial:
Do Yourself AND the rest a favor:

you should license in the state where you LIVE; that's the law in most.

-the license fees & any associated taxes belong there

- easier to locate/notify if a problem.

-less harrassment regarding Utah plates

a win-win.

Date: November 21, 2011 12:34PM

from Utah my plates are local!

Date: November 21, 2011 01:18PM

it wasn't 100% clear whose plates they were.

explanation understood/accepted.

when I was a mish in MI... one of the members we lived with KEPT his UT plates for YEARS, saying his insurance was Cheaper!

he had the car registered at a relatives address.... in UTAH!

people in Morland think ALL KINDS of scams are O.K.!

Posted by: andyb ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 01:08PM

That's the beauty of living out in the country on a farm....they NEVER show up here.....used to get JW's but not for years now....i wouldn't put it past the ward missies to give it a try...I know that somebody somewhere thinks my Catholic wife needs converting...not gonna friggin' happen!!!

Date: November 21, 2011 01:20PM

last time JWs hit me ... told them No Thanks... they asked if we wanted our name on their 'No Contact' list...

THAT is courtesy!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.