Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bubbleboy ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 06:34PM

My cousin posted a link to this on Facebook:

http://pinterest.com/pin/130674826657548581/

It's making fun of atheists, and another cousin posted this back:

http://migration.wordpress.com/2007/09/15/christianity/

Making fun of Christianity in general. I thought it would be fun to make one about Mormonism, and this is what I came up with:

"Mormonism: The belief that God revealed His only true gospel through a seer stone found by a tried (and possibly convicted) glass-looker while digging a well for a neighbor, who later revealed that God wanted him to have lots of wives, and that everyone should give him 10% of their income. Makes perfect sense."

So, anybody have any other good ideas? And does someone want to make it into a cool-looking image and post it somewhere where we can share it?

I won't be able to log in for a few hours, but I'll check back and see if anyone has an even better idea about what I could use to create an image from.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 07:36PM

Mormonism
The belief that a convicted con-man and jailbird was directed by an Angel to dig up gold plates and by use of a rock in a hat, translate them from a language no one's ever heard of into a book about Jews coming to America on a boat and having wars with each other to the point that God decides to turn half of them into Native Americans who then kill off all the white guys.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: December 08, 2011 07:48PM

bubbleboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"Mormonism: The belief that God revealed His only true gospel through a [rock] found by a tried (and possibly convicted) [treasure hunting scryer (someone who stares at mirrors and crystals until they're delusional)] while digging a well for a neighbor, who later revealed that God wanted him to have lots of wives [some of them teen-age girls], and that everyone should give him [all of their property, he would give back what he thought they needed].

Makes perfect sense.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 01:42AM

Mormonism: The belief that an angel with a flaming sword would appear to a convicted con-man, and direct that already espoused man to "marry" a large number of nubile teenage girls, while simultaneously decrying masturbation for every other member as being immoral.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 10:19AM

is that they usually just show how deep their own ignorance is.

I'm kind of embarrassed for them, actually.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 10:48AM

Finding your ad hominem attack on atheists amid a thread discussing the superstition of religion is odd to say the least, but I'm sure you have lots of facts to back up your position on the depth of ignorance of atheists.

And apparently, you must also have lots of facts to prove the existence of God, yes? (Or maybe you just have a burning in your bosom.)

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 10:52AM

I think you need to read the post again. The poster is atheist, I think...

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 04:21PM

Too early in the morning.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 09, 2011 10:22AM

Mormonism: The belief that aliens from the Star System Kolob are still communicating with humans in these Latter Days. Get out your tin foil hats and magic underwear, folks. It's time to read the Book of Mormon!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.