Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 09:44AM

Our last day teaching our cute little Sunbeams. And the last time you're probably going to see me in that church building.

We are a little worried about our TBM parents and the fact that a temple is being built 5 minutes from our house. Talked to my dad last night and he kept mentioning how cool it will be for us to have one so close. They haven't even broken ground yet, so at least we've got some time before our true apostasy is revealed.

Anyhow, for now, it's almost time to celebrate!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 09:57AM

We need a LIKE button !

Mark me down for a like on this post.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 11:25AM

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 10:03AM

Enjoy your Sundays and new life.

K

Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 10:26AM

only we were teaching the nursery. It's been 11 years now and I WISH I had the forsight to get a picture of myself as I'm stepping out the door for the VERY LAST TIME and with a huge smile on my face. What a great story that would make for your kids and grand kids! Maybe you could even get the bishop to take the picture? How often do any of us get a chance to chronicle major life events like this while they are happening?

Don't miss the opportunity!

Date: December 18, 2011 10:42AM

That's an awesome idea--thanks!! I'm totally getting my camera!

Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 11:24AM

mailing in our resignation letters but it's just not the same as a picture of our final step out of the church. Ah well...

Posted by: LOL ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 11:50AM

Working in that #%#% nursery would drive anyone out of church.

Who wants to spend their days off with other people's whiny brats. Especially when you have kids of your own.

Mormonism sucks.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 11:01AM

Take a picture with one arm around the picture, and the other flipping the bird. If you time it right, you may get a good expression on the bishop's face!

Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 10:41AM

Congrats!! How are you going to celebrate?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2011 10:43AM by ladybug.

Date: December 18, 2011 10:46AM

No, we're in Colorado (ha, that makes it easy for any local lurker to figure out who I am. Oh well). Where are you?

Date: December 18, 2011 10:56AM

Hey Ladybug, how did you edit your comment? I've never been able to figure it out. Do you have to be logged in to have that option? I'm never logged in...

And actually, what is the benefit of being logged in?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 11:09AM

When you're logged in your name is already filled in and you don't have to put in the letter combo to post. Plus (the really cool thing) you'll see new posts and comments clearly marked so that you can easily find them. You can also edit your posts. It's worth it.

Date: December 18, 2011 11:13AM

Thanks! That's good to know. I was in the process of signing up one day, but never finished...

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 10:47AM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 11:17AM

Yep, I'm always logged in. That way I can tell which posts are new and which I've already read.

Congrats! It's so nice to see someone really excited about leaving on their last day. That's so cool.

For so many of us, it was just a decision not to go back, after we'd gone into the shock of realizing the truth about the Church. Or for others, it's leaving after suffering much pain within the Church.

You have a reason to celebrate, and enjoy Christmas just with your family, rather than spending it at church.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 11:43AM

This is going to be a milestone Christmas for you! Blessings!
If you can stand to set foot into any kind of church, think about a Christmas Eve service.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 11:52AM

It is going to be cool having the temple that close to you. Imagine that big empty parking space going unused 90 percent of the year. Parking in your town will be so much improved.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 02:12PM

Congrats and way to go, nowI'mfound! Please do post any photos you take as you shake the dust off your shoes! My last 'calling' was primary pianist, and I actually really enjoyed it. Went out of my way to insure that I made the music portion of primary fun and engaging, and I had a wonderful chorister who was on the same page.......until I was abruptly and peremptorily released one Sunday immediately after primary wtih not a word of explanation as to why I was released and without a word of thanks for my contributions over the years. ALSO, signigicantly, without a new calling being extended to me, the first time ever.
It was when Boyd KKK unleashed his homophobic rant at Oct. 2010 conference, and I posted about it on FB. My guess is speaking 'evil' of the Lard's annointed got me booted from my calling........can't have a dangerous influence like me around the koolaid and the kiddes. Anyway, best wishes to you, and good luck in your new fake-calling-free life!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 02:16PM

Enjoy planning your life on your own terms, the way you want to live it regardless of other Mormon family members nonacceptance.

Date: December 18, 2011 03:14PM

Thanks all! It was VERY satisfying to hand them back my lesson manual and pictures :)

Posted by: Marcionite ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 04:08PM

I smiled for days after walking away from the church. What a wonderful feeling. Freedom...aaah.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 18, 2011 04:11PM

If you'd like me to ease your transition OUT OT CHURCHCO, forward your 10% PAY RAISE to ME...

While I can't award your generosity with a tax deduction, you'll be in my prayers.

thank you

Date: December 19, 2011 10:44AM

LOL--I would, but since we haven't paid any tithing in 4 years, that money is already more than spent :)

The ironic thing is that EVERY year they try to get us to come in for a tithing settlement. Uh.....our tithing was $0 dollars this year. Half of you work at the same place as DH. And you have to ask whether or not that's a full tithe? Oh, that's NOT what you want...you want to guilt me into actually paying my tithing...yeah...no thanks.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 03:25PM

Best wishes...guess this is day one of total freedom. Enjoy!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.