Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 04:11AM

But I always tell them that I don't want annoying girls and I can meet cute girls at my school.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 04:16AM by 48erhater.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fmrly ExmoinCO ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 05:38AM

I get similar crap from my folks as well. They don't seem to grasp the fact I don't want to hang out with mormons. I would be uncomfortable around them and most likely they would be uncomfortable around me. No mormon chick is going to flirt me back into activity. Hang around here long enough and you'll see the perils of "mixed-faith" relationships. I'm not going tap dancing in that emotional minefield.

Posted by: the pawn ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 07:10AM

Sounds good. Once they have a bunch of atheist girls attending the singles ward, I would be there on a regular basis.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 07:23AM

Next time they suggest it ask them if there are any cute boys at the singles ward, they'll stop mentioning it after that...

Posted by: anonn ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 08:40AM

Or you can ask if theses cute girls F..k on the first date!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 09:04AM

I was a bachelor into my thirties. Mom used to sak, "But don't you want to marry a nice Mormon girl and start a family?"

I would reply to myself, "No, and no."

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 10:26AM

You should answer - "Yeah, but they are Mormon girls." IMO, I'd really prefer my son not marry a Mormon girl...too many hangups, too little chance of real compatibility. I"m not ruling it out entirely but Jr High is tough enough now, when he's in his early teens - being married to a girl still emotionally stuck at a Jr High level in 20 years would really suck for him. However, I was a Mormon girl once and I got my act together so I'm not ruling one out entirely. It's his decision in the end anyway. I just wouldn't encourage it.

Or, you could answer "There are cute girls in Playboy too but I don't necessarily want to settle down with any of them." Unless of course you do... lol.

Posted by: spencerljensen ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 12:32PM

Exactly. There are cute girls EVERYWHERE.

The Mormon Church doesn't have a monopoly on them...just a monopoly on bright eyes and bushy tails.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 12:42PM

Cuteness does not outweigh inherent incompatibility.

Seek a like-minded spouse!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 12:48PM

What!? They are using those cute sweet innocent girls as bait? I wonder what the girls would think of that? Thats sick!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 01:41PM

Posted by: athreehourbore ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 01:47PM

+1

Funny how physical attractiveness is the quality being used to lure you in.

I bet if you asked your family if they think personality is more important than beauty, they'd say yes. So why are they pitching physical beauty at you?

I'd break it down like this...It's not just about beauty or personality or intelligence or whether they will put out or not...it's about the WHOLE PACKAGE.

All the elements are important, so prioritizing one type of quality vs the other is unneccessary, as if you have to "settle" or "compromise."

Bullshit. Identify clearly what you want and go find those who have what you're looking for...not this either-or bullshit.

And I testify before you that all these truths can be circumscribed into one great hole.

Posted by: RAG ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 01:53PM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 01:20PM

It's a huge mistake to date someone who is so unlikely to be a good marriage possibility.

Read RfM any day of the week and see the trouble caused when exmos are married to TBMs.

Posted by: Anon for this one ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 01:29PM

My brother was just made bishop for a singles ward in Happy Valley, so I was joking around with my non-mo brothers about him calling in and telling Brother Blueballs how he had heard that that nice Sister Cupcake might be interested in him, and then telling Sister Cupcake that that nice Brother Bluballs was interested in her, even though they don't know who the hell the other was.

Of course he would also have to ask both of them if they wanked....

Posted by: dressclothes ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 01:35PM

"Cute girls in singles wards."

Isn't this a logical impossibility?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 01:35PM by dressclothes.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 01:38PM

You just need a cute girl to lead you to that inner truth.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: December 19, 2011 01:47PM

funny.

the mormon chuch not only thinks it has the monopoly of girls altogether but also the **best** girls ever. in all senses they are the best. yeah right.

and..the **best** girls of course go to a church sponsored school.

and...the **best** girls of course have this baby talk syndrome and dress like a 12 year old middle school girl.

and...the **best** girls of course...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.