Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rt ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 05:31PM

I'm just going to copy-paste the Bing-translation because it fits the intellectual level of the comments. This guy is local Mormon royalty but he doesn't know who I am and it ticks him off:

TBM Dennis: "Where the hell are you doing? You have nothing else meaningful to do with your time than picking on the Church? Sad and also very weird that you spend so much time and energy ... ... and who calls himself Mormonism? You also have a name, because I can find nowhere who it is that such nonsense the world. Who are you? Be a guy/woman ..."

Other poster (an acquaintance of the TBM): "Welcome to the internet, Dennis, where there is freedom of expression. For years I have invested a lot of time and energy in the Church. I, too, always thought that all that anti-stuff was nonsense. But the facts tell a very different story from what I have been taught by the Church."

TBM Dennis: "According to me are simply the facts in the Scriptures and confirmation that you have already received once long and by the Holy Spirit on consignment. The truth can be found at the truth and the Lord and not in all kinds of anti literature .... ... good luck with your quest ... y'know .... don't stray too far. ... because that would be disastrous. Marco, I know you have in the past and you will find a fine guy. Think carefully how you felt when you felt the spirit and when you told the Gospel to others ... don't be fooled by all sorts of half-truths and things that actually do not total. These matters are not the be-all and end-all, but always lead you further away from the truth. Happy holidays! I am now going to also stop emailing with you, because I have little meaning to in a discussion. Internet is indeed a place where everyone can do his/her say.. ... Make use of in a positive way! Good luck!"

So this guy comes to my web page as a guest, throws a tantrum, presumes to tell us how we should spend our time, and then refuses to enter into a discussion.

Strong performance, Dennis...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 06:08PM

Because I do not think that several of those words mean what he thinks they mean. I am, however, completely cracked up at the picture of receiving ANYTHING from the Holy Spirit on "consignment". lol

Posted by: S. Tissue Trotter ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 11:38PM

In OP's first sentence he says "Bing-translation." So the English is bad because it's the output of a machine translation.

Date: December 23, 2011 02:50PM

Thanks! That certainly does explain a lot. :)

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 06:20PM

The truth can be found at the truth? Well that clears it up then. (WTF?)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 08:17PM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 08:39PM

Sounds like Dennis has been sipping the Holy Spirits.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 12:00PM

I'm pretty sure as we pan away from Dennis' face we will see he is clinging to his legs in the fetal position, rocking slowly back and forth in an old wooden rocker and the walls in his room with no windows are plastered with cut out articles from the Ensign and New Era, from years ago, with yarn and magic marker lines connecting various articles...

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 10:31PM

Oh that's funny!

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 11:15PM

He didn't aim very well. He sounds really disjointed.

Susan

Posted by: SerenitySeeker ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 01:30AM

The only post that actually made me laugh out loud tonight!

At least Dennis was good for a laugh. Poor guy. He has his garmmies in a wad.

Posted by: dclarkfan1 ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 11:50AM

Poking fun at people in the church folks, makes you look like the bad guy. It just reaffirms the LDS beliefs that you shouldn't be listened to nor trusted.

Keep that in mind in the future.

P.S. Bashing someone on Facebook is childish

Date: December 23, 2011 01:16PM

I didn't make fun of him. Here's my reply:

"Welcome to my Facebook page, Dennis. If you have something meaningful to share, we shall gladly listen to you but please be respectful."

I have learned some time ago that Mormons are perfectly capable of making complete asses of themselves all by themselves just by talking. I only facilitate :-)

Date: December 23, 2011 02:27PM

Sometimes "facilitating" can be just as bad, rt. I have said this many times to a few people, you're not the first to hear this, and you won't be the last.

We don't allow active LDS members to come here and attack us, but that is not a green light to go and "facilitate" an attack on them in ANY forum, be it facebook, mormon.org, or here on RfM.

Date: December 23, 2011 02:52PM

My favorite is when they swarm onto the Salt Lake Tribune board to blame victims for being victimized.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 02:41PM

what is it you object to and like to counsel people on DClark?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2011 02:46PM by bignevermo.

Date: December 23, 2011 03:30PM

I'm not saying that he doesn't have the right. I'm just saying that just because someone does or says something to you, doesn't mean you have the right to go and do or say something to them.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 04:33PM

Date: December 23, 2011 03:37PM

that is what facebook is all about... it is your page...
what you said here seems a bit incongruent:

I'm not saying that he doesn't have the right.

ok so far:
I'm just saying that just because someone does or says something to you,

doesn't mean you have the right to go and do or say something to them.

now you say he doesnt have the right...he does have the right...it is his "castle"...
just sayin!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2011 03:37PM by bignevermo.

Date: December 23, 2011 03:46PM

It may be "his" castle, but you still have to respect that OTHER PEOPLE are in it.

Think about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2011 03:46PM by dclarkfan1.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 04:48PM

Does that D stand for Dennis?

Date: December 23, 2011 03:57PM

I don't agree with you, declarkfan1. My Facebook page is open to everyone (it's a fan page) but I have not invited this person to my Facebook page. He came of his own accord, started yelling, judging and preaching and left. All I did was ask that he be respectful.

It´s not my responsibility to protect Mormons from themselves. How could I? You seem to be implying that I should take down my page in order to stop Mormons from making asses of themselves. I think you have it backwards.

Date: December 23, 2011 04:31PM

Never mind, you're just like the others. To me it sounds childish though.

Date: December 23, 2011 04:46PM

Can you explain what you think is childish? Is it me posting links to Mormonism-related articles and commenting on them? Or is it the fact that everybody is allowed to have his or her say on my page? Or is it the OP here that you find childish?

Date: December 24, 2011 01:47AM

Let me try this again cause clearly you didn't get it the first time. It may be your facebook page, and yes you do have the right to do with it, as you see fit. When someone puts a derogatory statement about your beliefs on your facebook page, you can respond as you would like.

But when you facilitate someone stepping into their own crap, you're no better than they are.

The best thing to do in that situation is to just delete their comments. Cause helping a TBM step into their own crap, makes you look like the bad guy, and just reaffirms their beliefs that people that have left the church shouldn't be listened to nor trusted.

Date: December 24, 2011 04:44AM

dclarkfan1 Wrote:
> When someone puts a derogatory
> statement about your beliefs on your facebook
> page, you can respond as you would like.
>
> But when you facilitate someone stepping into
> their own crap, you're no better than they are.
>
> The best thing to do in that situation is to just
> delete their comments.

I'm afraid we're not going to see eye to eye on this one. If a Mormon makes a comment on my page that makes him look stupid, it's not my responsibility. I'll take action when the comments are personal attacks, racist, sexist or illegal, but that's it.

What's more, in Mormon vernacular mine is clearly an "anti-Mormon" site. They should stick to lds.org like they're told. Would you like me to report them to their church leaders too?

Date: December 24, 2011 08:08AM

And it doesn't make sense.

Date: December 24, 2011 09:59AM

you seem to be pretty judgmental about what other people should do with their own FB page... perhaps you should do what you think is good for you and not be so judgemental on what others do with their FB page...you seem to think that someone like that(the intruder) should be treated with respect and yet they showed rt none! that is a weird attitude and not one i think that most would ascribe to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2011 10:00AM by bignevermo.

Date: December 24, 2011 04:35PM

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 10:25PM

I have noticed a word often used by Mo mos: The word "sad" in a condescending talk down-to way. Awl the time!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 10:39AM

Geez. Gotta love those drive-bys. Not.

I got rid of my Facebook page because I never did anything with it.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 05:16PM

It's easy to remove posts that you don't want on your FB. One click! Bing, gone!Use the hidden X on the right by the post.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.