Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 11:40AM

I have been reported several times by my neighbors to the Bishop.

The bishop would call me and say he was "required" to investigate.

1. Reported for boyfriend's car parked in front of my house for a few days. (Mechanical problems--I had to drive him home)

2. Reported for smoking. Bishops's wife saw me in my car with a Tootsie Pop in my mouth.

3. Reported for having men coming over all hours of the night. (Four grown sons who worked different shifts at the meat packing plant in Logan)

4. Confronted by member who saw footprints in the snow in my front yard and she calculated when it started snowing and figured someone might have spent the night.

Someone want to know why Deenie called herself the Dreaded Single Adult?

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 11:57AM

but also for "going in cars with boys," bringing anti-Mormon literature to seminary (at the teacher's request), having a beer at the Pizza Hut in Rexburg, and letting a friend sneak out my window to meet her boyfriend. Got kicked out of my dorm room for that last one.

I was also tattled on by my own parents, for shoplifting--first, last and only time I tried it, and it wasn't even my idea. As if the police weren't humiliating enough, they called the bishop, who came over and gave me a talking-to. Ugh.

Date: December 27, 2011 12:20PM

Like I didn't know his wife had seen me smoking at Dairy Queen. I had spotted her too late.

Oh, and I was also tattled on for making out with Dave on the bus to the Manti Temple--at night, under a navy blue down coat. This is my ONLY fond memory from church, and it was ruined by tattling. Bishop Banner separated us and, when the bus stopped, made Dave run around the block.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 01:17PM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:24PM

What's this world coming to???

Heathen Reprobates!

Date: December 27, 2011 12:28PM

a) when son got pulled over for speeding... ward ppl called his mom!

b) When I testified before the (Washington) State Parks & Recreation Commission... it was broadcast & in print...
the Bps phone wouldn't stop ringing!

LDS = bunch of self=-righteous PRIX.

Date: December 27, 2011 01:13PM

Date: December 27, 2011 02:25PM

Well... (as most regulars here know) I'm a nudist. someone had proposed that a PORTION of a state park be designated as 'Clothing Optional'...

+, ChurchCo MUST have 100% conformity, ya know...

Date: December 27, 2011 01:12PM

suddenly, at 13, on the heels of an interstate move. That was a huge upheaval, and then they threw the full-on churchgoing Mormon weirdness on top of it. I wasn't allowed to complain or even really to express my feelings, so I acted out in self-defeating ways and--in addition to aggravating my already-too-controlling, mood-disordered father--got tattled on every time I turned around.

I'd been taught that tattling was bad. I'd gotten in trouble for it in grade school, and my parents didn't abide it, either--that is, until they decided to masquerade as proper Mormons. Tattling was A-OK and even expected at church.

I probably would have had authority issues, anyway, but the Mormon church certainly cemented them in place.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 01:30PM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:06PM

I applied for a job and listed the church clerk as a reference. He was called and told the caller that I smoked but other than that I was alright. The boss laughed his a#$ off and gave me the job anyway.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:07PM

Been tattled on, and did some tattling. Mostly while on my mission. Outside my Mission, it wasn't really a big problem, as I was a righteous priesthood holder, so everyone assumed I was in the right.

Funny thing though, the first time I got subpoenaed after working with the cops, I went to my old Priest Quorum leader who was a lawyer, and asked him for advice on giving testimony in court. This was in the foyer at church. One of the relief society women overheard, and next thing I knew it was I being rumored for having been arrested in connection to 53 counts of auto burglary, as opposed to being one of the arresting officers. Fun fact, I only found the guy because I was attempting to give him a parking ticket, he then ran, another officer caught him, and an investigator got him to confess to all the break ins.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:07PM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:12PM

She well knew about the tattling culture of Mormonism and didn't want to be dinged for drinking coffee. But she and DW and others in the family also don't appear to have the spine to tell other people to mind their business. In reality, when people tattle to the bishop, they should be reprimanded by the bishop for trying to stir up trouble when there isn't any, but in reality, the bishop needs this information to feel like he has a real mission in life.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:26PM

I gave my mission president as good as I got, though.

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:36PM

I was reported by the missionaries cause My best friend (male) moved in with my daughter and I when his mother got a new man and kicked him out. You know how long it is to find an apartment? The mission Pres called me and told me I had to talk to the bishop. I told him where to go and how to get there! ..Damn I'm loveable!!

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:43PM

The mission. That is all I have to say about that.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 01:31PM

When I was 27 my mother tattled to a bishop who was a total stranger to me. She couldn't wait to tell him I was living with my fiancee. They excommunicated a couple days before I got married.

No, they weren't invited.

The 1st councilor in the bishopric has told everyone in the ward that we have a coffee maker and a bottle of wine in the pantry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 01:34PM by mia.

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 01:41PM

"The 1st councilor in the bishopric has told everyone in the ward that we have a coffee maker and a bottle of wine in the pantry."

You should have told everyone he had a stick....In his ass! Sorry, but that is ridiculous!!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 01:49PM

Next time they come over, have a half bottle of Jack on the table, a pile of sugar on your coffee table, and a half inflated love doll on the couch. They won't even remember the coffee maker or the bottle of wine.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 01:51PM

Answer the door buck-naked, with a bottle of whiskey in one hand, and a large butcher knife in the other. Tell them, "Could you come back later? We're not done with the virgin sacrifice yet."

Sure, they might call the cops. But who will look like the hysterical idiots when the cops look around and find nothing amiss?

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:11PM

We've banned all their butts from our house.
We think we are just a little old to be tattled on.

We had mormons on both sides of at our last residence. They monitored every move we made. They were always making comments to us about who was visiting us etc. If we left our garage door up, they would help themselves to whatever they wanted. One guy helped himself to our boat for a day. I wanted to have him arrested, but my DH wouldn't let me. He regrets that now. We moved about 6 months ago. It is so nice to live here where we can lock them out.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:20PM

My sisters husbands brother does this sort of stuff. I recall her flipping her sh!t when she found his brother in her house (yes, she bought and paid for the house herself) without anyone else home. He was borrowing tools. That dude is a total tool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 02:21PM by dthenonreligious.

Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:20PM

Yep. By the first "friend" I supposedly made in this ward. I told her about how DH was struggling with his testimony, how hard it was on me (I was still hanging on to TSCC at that point), and how much I wished things would go back to how they used to be when he believed. She immediately marched herself in to blab to the bishop, he then blabbed to the ward council, and then various auxiliary leaders began calling to find out what they could do to help. I was pissed. DH was livid. She had no business telling the bishop, and the bishop sure as hell should not have said anything to anyone without first talking to me to find out if the story was true. How did he know if her version was accurate? Or what if I'D embellished it?

As a teen, I was also tattled on for swearing at a youth activity. And I didn't even say anything good. It was just 'damn' and 'hell'. Think my parents and bishop didn't hear about that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 02:29PM by nowI'mfound.

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:28PM

I was tattled on...and I was innocent! During a bishop interview when I was about 15 or 16 years old, he said a ward member had seen me in a car smoking. I'd never touched a cigarette, though I may have been spotted in a car with friends who did smoke.

I quit going to church shortly after because even though I protested, the bishop clearly did not believe me. Pissed me off something fierce!

I'm still pissed 28 years later!!

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:32PM

Tootsie Pops are so good they must be of the devil...

Tell the bishop!!

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 02:43PM

This one time I got called in to see el obispo. I figured it was for a calling or something similar. Apparently, somebody had told him that I was having an affair. I wasn't, and I denied it. He got mad. He said he couldn't reveal his source, (though I think it might have helped clear up the matter). We talked a bit more, then he arrogantly said, "Well, I've done my part as your bishop, now it's between you and the Lord."

He later told my (now ex)wife "to keep an eye on me."

Well... I gained a strong testimony that it isn't the spirit that church leaders are full of. So not just tattled on, but lied about and slandered, and the bishop was upset he couldn't execute his hanging-bishop role.

Not since then have I shown ANY special respect for bishops or others. It can be fun actually; they're not used to being challenged.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 03:03PM

The last couple months I was in the Primary Presidency was when I discovered the truth about the church on the internet. It took months of study after that before I was convinced enough that the church was false to take steps away from in though and in the meantime, I was called to serve in the nursery and a new Primary Presidency was called. During my time in nursery, I got so burned out because each and every week I learned more about the problems with Mormonism and was less inclined to participate in it. So after a year in nursery, I was praying to be released so I didn't have to attend on Sundays any more. Because of then TBM DH, I didn't want to just quit my calling but I was about to when the bishop suddenly decided to release us. I was soooo happy.

But about a month later, DH started asking his good friend the first minion some of the questions I had about the church. Minion was SURE I was questioning the church because I was offended about being released from nursery. Who the hail gets offended at being released from NURSERY? But he went to the bishop and said we were offended and that the bishop needed to apologize to us. The bishop, to his credit, tried to apologize to us but you could tell he hated doing it - it was like he was eating stinksap from the look on his face. Actually, I didn't blame him. He didn't do anything wrong and neither did we. We were happy to be released. The stupid first minion just made up a big lie in his head, didn't check facts and went and told the bishop we were offended and going to leave the church because of it.

And DH can't figure out why I can't stand this friend of his...

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 03:08PM

... Salt Lake City internet observers took notice and sent my Stake President a specific letter as to how I should be disposed of (yes I was allowed to read the letter -- even though Salt Lake's instructions were NOT to reveal the source of displeasure).

This was all while I was still a very believing Mormon. The process of the next few years led me to the freedom of exmo'ism.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 03:12PM

Hey, you know, after reading all these stories, why the hell don't those still in TSCC but hating it just start tattling on everyone, making up sh it and causing chaos? Seems to me it would be the way to make your mark before leaving. Mos seem really gullible, wouldn't they be easy to mess with?

You might help some others see the stupidity behind all this and get out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 03:13PM by lostinutah.

Date: December 27, 2011 03:14PM

Operation MSU (Make S h i t Up)! I like it!!

BTW, what happened to our freedom of speech around here? ;)

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 03:18PM

I dunno. You can say fuck but not sh it. Go figure.

Date: December 27, 2011 03:19PM

lostinutah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dunno. You can say fuck but not sh it. Go
> figure.

Sweet! Fuck is funner! ;)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 03:17PM

THIS is just one of the many reasons the LDS religion has been deemed to be so separate and unique from American culture that it is one of two religions called "subcultures" in the United States.

Nothing like the above takes place in normal society. Now you will see more of it in churches because there is a "principal" or "parent" hierarchy figure for these mental children to run to.

I live in California and I guarantee that if I tattled on other tenants here, the property manager would think I was a loon. We report crimes and noise. That's it.

Ahhhhhh. Here that? It's the sound of privacy.

Anagrammy

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 03:22PM

I just bought my son a coffee press and a neighbor spotted me . . . at first I was thinking I should hide it and then I thought, "why?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.