Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Regulargal ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 10:35AM

Well he's at it again. This was fresh this morning: While his thoughts of helping others is a wonderful and noble attribute, most of us don't go around announcing just how wonderful we plan to be. It just reeks of "look how amazing I am!"

I was thinking about how better myself when suddenly this thought invaded my mind, "Think about how you can uplift the lives of those around you and inadvertently your life will be better, YOU will feel better, YOU will be better, and then YOU will realize that life is not just about YOU. And when your priority becomes, 'How can I help better the lives of those around me,' you will be happy beyond belief."

Personal revelation is so wonderful. Our Heavenly Father is such a kind and giving God. I am thankful for the small (and big) blessings and endless assistance our Father in Heaven gives to me. I have been greatly blessed in my life. My dear acquaintances, cherished friends, and beloved family, if there is any way I am able to better your life please let me know. I will do my best to help you in any way I can. God bless you all. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 10:53AM

Stop using "better" as a verb. "Improve" would be the word of choice, here. I know inner city "urbanics" has kind of changed the word around lately, but as you are not from there, please stop it!

Posted by: apikoros ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 02:04PM

'Better' has for ages been accepted in English [check dictionaries] as a transitive verb, both in the sense of "to surpass, or improve on something" and "to improve one's self or something."

Pick your battles carefully when it comes to English usage. Too many people on this board are well-acquainted with it.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 10:55AM

"When this thought 'invaded' my mind."

This connotes that he has been trying to keep thoughts like THIS - thoughts like HELPING OTHERS - out of his mind.

Or if he hasn't been actively trying NOT to think about these things, it is SO bizarre that he should even think of helping others that the very thought of doing so would be an invasion from a foreign enemy!

What a douche.

You see, children. Good writers know what words mean. Both the denotation and connotation.

Hacks just use words because they sound cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2011 12:01PM by Raptor Jesus.

Date: December 30, 2011 11:30AM

I think he is trying too hard to use dramatic language. I think he must feel that using terms like "invaded my mind" make him appear so spiritual that inspiration just jumps into his head and he has no control over it. He is JUST THAT AWESOME!!!

Date: December 30, 2011 11:34AM

He is in his late 20's. He has ALWAYS been quite in love with himself. Previously, however, it was always due to the fact that he is cop. He used to post ridiculous "look at me..I'm a cop" posts.

He also used to have pictures on his Facebook with him shirtless, while he doing a lot of working out at the gym. One of his old profile pics was sooooo incredibly narcissistic it was nauseating.

I think he has a very addictive personality. Whatever he is currently in to, takes over completely!!

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 10:55AM

trying to look outside himself and not "let everything be about ME", he certainly does a lot of narcissistic navel-gazing.

Posted by: Anony ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 11:28AM

So, I am curious what age this douchebag is....

I mean WOW. Every day he's spewing out these absurdities?

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 11:35AM

Tell him to be careful not to wrench his shoulder from patting himself on the back every day.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 02:31PM

This guy is outlandish! We must keep paying attention to him. I am pleased that he shares his views and latest personal revelations with us. I am having an excellent time reading his crazy talk.

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 07:15PM

I'm glad I'm not a dear friend, cherished acquaintance or beloved family member. But if I were, I'd say he could help me by shutting his fat narcissistic mouth.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 09:45PM

What a blathering idiot. He seems to have an endless supply of this saccharine drivel. Class A, A-hole.

Posted by: wyoguy ( )
Date: January 04, 2012 02:40AM

so who is this Facebook Bufoon? where do i go on FB to see his posts?

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 04, 2012 05:05AM

Ask him what he's done differently to help others as a result of this mighty personal revelation from God.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.