Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Apatheist ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 06:15PM

This long number was just posted as someone's status on Facebook:
"Why don't you believe in the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ so much that when troubles come you don't fall to pieces and say that the gospel isn't true because your miserable or your life went bad? Or somebody who was supposed to be good, lied to you or hurt you? Hang in there! It will be a blessing. The truth of the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ is bigger than your problems. Jesus Christ and His innumerable company of Angels have got your back and they are fighting the evil for you. The truth will win out no matter what! Hold on to it and you will conquer and win! Nothing is too hard for the Lord! Remember with God all things good are possible and nothing is impossible! Truth is truth no matter if you have bad or good things happen in your life. I promise if you repent and then if you stay true to the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, your life and your feelings inside will be great! Even if your house burnt down that day!"

Besides wondering why this dude finds the need to preach on Facebook this way, I have to wonder if he really thinks this post will help anyone. I doubt anyone will feel great feelings inside about the "gospel" even as their house is burning down. He's always posting things like this, though I do think this one is a record for him in length. The other day he posted about the "prophet" Mormon and how great of a man he was that they have a "nickname" and a religion to follow Christ because of him. Gag me!!!

Oh and did I mention this guy identifies himself as a fundie? I think he's still an active member of the church though, but when fundie's say "the fullness of the gospel", they are talking about polygamy...

Oy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jeffnlb ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 06:26PM

First time poster here, but I had to respond.

My "ENTER CODE" was KFLUT - exactly the sound I'd make hurling into a bucket after reading his FB status.

Posted by: mick ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 06:42PM

I know a guy who keeps posting mormon stuff on his FB page practically everyday. So what I've been doing is subtly putting anti-mormon/christian stuff on my FB page. I got a few blasphemes pictures posted. Like the classic picture of JC with a lamb, but this one has Lemmy Kilmister's head on it and it says "Lemmy Saves". Or the one picture of the CTR ring, but instead of CTR it has WTF.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 04:47PM

Very clever mick!

Posted by: European View ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 05:19PM

I want a WTF ring too!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.