Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 06:17PM

I found this on amazon and it looks interesting, sort of like a french press, but better and easier to clean. For $26 is looks worth a try.

Aerobie 80R08 AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker

http://www.amazon.com/Aerobie-AeroPress-Coffee-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0047BIWSK/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_b/177-2310217-1915246

Unique coffee/espresso maker uses total immersion and gentle pressure to produce coffee with extraordinarily rich flavor
Makes American style coffee or an espresso-style shot perfect for use in lattes or cappuccinos

The experiments demonstrated that proper temperature, total immersion and rapid filtering were key to flavor excellence. He then designed and tested dozens of brewers before settling on the AeroPress design.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 07:43PM

I do coffee by Chemex, French press, and drive-thru. This looks very good.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 07:55PM

Posted by: benjimanluther ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 07:58PM

Adult of God, Angsty. Go down to the Amazon we have organized. Try this Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker. Determine whether it is good. Then return and report.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 08:46PM

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 03:36AM

I have heard that Toddy is THE WAY to go. I wanna give it a try as soon as I have my own place again.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 08:47PM

Yea, Angsty, be thou brave and buy one, then return and bring us word.

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 09:50PM

French press is my weekend treat. Please report on this miraculous new device.

Posted by: Nanackle ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 02:04AM

I have this, and I must say it does do a great job. It is not quite as quick as a simple drip machine, but it doesn't take a long time either. Best of all, the coffee that comes from this tastes IMHO much better than any drip machine I have used. Plus, I like how you can customize how strong you want it, etc.

Posted by: trufflelily ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 03:23AM

A few months ago I treated myself to a Senseo coffee machine. I am the only one in my house who drinks coffee, and making one cup of fresh brewed coffee at a time is a challenge. This gadget has a water reservoir, turn it on and it takes about 30 seconds to heat the water for a cup of coffee. Coffee comes in small pads filled with enough ground coffee for one cup. I pop in the pad and push the button, the hot water is forced through the pad I think under pressure like an espresso. I can do a single or double cup. Wonderful coffee! No, I do not sell them! This is not an ad. Just a coffee lover.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.