Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:07PM

Really, what do they gain by blatantly breaking board rules to proselytize here? Do they actually believe that their "witness" here will change ANY minds or opinions? Are they arrogant enough to believe that they appear as anything but complete idiots by doing this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 13, 2012 04:11PM

They're also:

One sammich short of a picnic.
One brick shy of a full hod.
Reality impaired.
Cognizance challenged.
Awash in batshittery.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:32PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 04:32PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 09:51PM

One can short of a six-pack
One doughnut dropped from the dozen

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:11PM

I was raised as a fundie. I come here because it's the closest thing I can find to people who really understand what my life was like. I have yet to find a similar fundie forum.

I think the trolls come because they, too, can see the similarities and somehow are drawn. But their religious beliefs won;t let them free - maybe some kind of cognitive dissonance or similar thing.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:19PM

I was taking the sleeper cell approach, by just trying to crack jokes, and give light hearted answers, mispelling words on purpose of course, to try to gain everyones trust, and think me harmless....

Then I was going to have a huge "Come to Jesus" meeting, complete with weeping and wailing and knashing of teeth, and save you all.

You ruined everything, Helemonster! I'm going to call on the power of your BIL to destroy you once and for all!

Nice callback.

Date: January 13, 2012 04:40PM

Date: January 13, 2012 04:43PM

Huh. Well, that rhetorical "style" DID seem very familiar...

Date: January 13, 2012 04:24PM

"weeping and wailing and knashing of teeth"

You might have better luck with rolling on the floor and speaking in tongues. :)

Date: January 13, 2012 04:29PM

Date: January 13, 2012 04:30PM

Of course, my bad. :)

Don't forget the dancing in the aisles. And we ain't talking doing the waltz,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BTFznHa1Hds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 04:37PM by lostinutah.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )

What really infuriates me is that I try to give most of them a pass because I don't want to insult them at the expense of hurting the feelings of some of the exmos who have gone on to become regular christians.

I think a lot of them come here because they get to learn weird stuff about them Mormon cultist they don't like, and get to bash atheist and other non-true believers all in one go.

Posted by: kolobian ( )

Fundamentalist christian apologists are even funnier to me than mormon apologists.

Date: January 13, 2012 04:42PM

Fundamentalist christian apologists are people who throw stones at Mormonism when there are grenades available. They avoid the grenades because both them and the silly Mormons are standing on the same mountain of gunpowder.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:46PM

Date: January 13, 2012 04:47PM

Mind if I use that one forbidden?

Date: January 13, 2012 04:56PM

Go ahead.

Posted by: blackholesun ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:48PM

I don't know about the other trolls, but I do it as a form of penance for all the people I converted to Mormonism as a missionary.

Wait a second, I am an exmormon and I am not a fundamentalist. Maybe I'm not a troll after all.

Date: January 13, 2012 04:49PM

I agree with very little of what you post about philosophy and/or religion, but I don't think you a troll.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:47PM

I guess they think we're a bunch of stupid exmos who are looking for another stupid religion to replace the stupid religion our poor dumb-a**es just dumped.

They're fairy tale might be an improvement, but its still a fairy tale.

Religious types have a void to fill in that certain questions must be answered even if the answers are wrong. Once those answers fill the void to their satisifaction, they wish to share said answers with everyone as though they're on to something special that no one else gets.

I always love the "Don't throw the baby (JuHEEsus) out with the bath water" approach. Doesn't matter if mormon JuHEEsus isn't christian JuHEEsus. They're both fictional characters. Its like having to choose between Twilight and Harry Potter. Both are rather juvenile reads. How 'bout I choose neither and just move on.

Dune was a lot of fun!

And that's what I like most about being a non-believer. I simply fill the void with "Who knows?" or "Who gives a s**t?" and concentrate on more pressing matters.

I like Benson's analogy. Round these parts its said they're roughly two-dollars short of a buck forty-nine.

Just as tellin'

Timothy

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 05:17PM

Date: January 13, 2012 05:34PM

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 05:49PM

*starts the slow clap*

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 05:46PM

How could anyone not be "entertained" or "mesmerized"by the RfM site. I have learned more real Mormonism here(the rancid meat)than I ever learned in church (the milk).

I find this site to be addictive, and I was raised in the Mo-faith. Can you imagine what fascination all the strangness of what we write about holds for a non-or-never mo?

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 10:10PM

You are right about that.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 05:48PM

They like to try and pretend like they are better than Mormons. It scares them that they might be just as crazy as they are.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 06:42PM

We've got an overabundance of fundamentalist/born again congregations in the Lethbridge, Alberta area and I've got even less time for them than I do for the MORG. They are smug, self righteous "if you're not born again just like me you're goin' straight to hell" assholes. One bunch(Victory Church)in particular went on a Mormon attack some years back and then the head preacher was found to be runnin' around on his old lady...now I see he's back at the head of another congregation preaching his hellfire and brimstone....organized religion is alllll BULLSHIT!!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 06:54PM

In my opinion they are crazier and more obnoxious than mormons. I used to have a couple of friends back east that were FCA's. All the jesus talk and non stop praying got to be too much. They would get mad at me because I wouldn't pray over the food in a restaurant. At first they were entertaining. Then it got sickening. Their poor husbands. Always sitting on the sidelines looking like a trapped animal that would like to chew their foot off.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 09:37PM

Don't forget that when trolls aren't acting superior they're living under bridges and eating children.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.