Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: peepstone ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 07:37PM

I haven't been active for 20 years and can't recall the last time that missionaries stopped by. Periodically someone from the ward (I still live in the ward I attended while growing up) would stop by but never missionaries. So now that I've resigned they show up?! I almost felt bad for them since its only about 20° outside but that didn't stop me from telling them to move along... nothing to see here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 07:47PM

Do you live in Utah?

If so what probably happened is that the missionaries get a hold of the ward list. They then find every house that isn't a member and go tracting to those houses.

Otherwise it was just random. The missionaries don't have the sophisticated data to know you recently left the church - other than referrals they just go out pretty much randomly to try to 'follow the spirit' and find those who are prepared to learn the truth.

Date: January 13, 2012 08:04PM

I'm in the midwest. They asked my nevermo wife if she was sister peepstone and she said no. They then asked her if she was peepstones wife and then asked for me. And I resigned just about a year ago.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 08:00PM

If there were three of them, then that means one of them is probably not as TBM as she should be. Could have been fun trying to guess which one that was.

Posted by: S. Tissue Trotter ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 09:58PM

haha, forbiddencokedrinker--

This is off topic but it reminded me of when I worked as a hotel desk clerk, and three nuns rented a room. The head one gave a home address of some obscure town in New Jersey. It rang a bell from a book I had just been reading about alcoholism treatment.

Later on I rechecked the book and sure enough, that town had an alcoholism treatment center for nuns. So the two well ones were hauling in the unwell one to go to treatment, but I could only speculate which was which!

Posted by: Chicken'N'Backpacks ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 08:18PM

If none of them looked like Julianne Hough than you were OK in moving them along.... :-)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 08:23PM

three of them: Im saying it was something to do with a split or a member go-along.

Date: January 13, 2012 08:51PM

We used threesomes in my mission all the time. It was a way of providing extra control to missies the president didn't feel good about.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 09:01PM

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 09:14PM

Am I the only perv in here who's first thought upon seeing this post was "ooh, Penthouse Letters!"?

Ensign Variations mebbe?

New Eros For the New Era?

Posted by: IDon'tCare ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 03:39AM

I was riding home from a hunting trip with a TBM friend. At A pit stop I bought a penthouse mag.

It was a few hours on the road. After ogling the women and going thru the comix, I began to read.

My friend looked over and said, "What are you doing? Nobody reads those mags'.

I then started reading out loud, next thing I knew, we were pulled off to the shoulder.

He said "You drive".

After a half hour or so, he gave out an evil laugh.

"It's only been 4 weeks since the baby, I'm going to read this stuff to my wife, get her all horny, then go sit on the front porch. I can keep this Ok?."

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 05:39AM

Mormons seem to think they own body and soul, anyone who has ever darkened their wardhouse doors.

Foolish, aren't they?

You told them to put their shoulders to the wheel and "move along."

Good, because they don't own you or your personal time and space.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 07:13AM

Just tell them to move along. They're way out of line visiting you after you have resigned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 06:08PM by Makurosu.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 09:29AM

When we told our HT's to stop coming to our home, it was very liberating. They took it as an insult...whatever...I had allowed them in for several years and my Catholic wife was always uncomfortable with the idea. Nobody has bothered us since.

Date: January 14, 2012 10:04AM

No Penthouse material here, you could say that all 3 were "sweet spirits."

The other thought that went through my head was how TSCC actually gets people to waste 2 prime years of their lives trying to sell this load of bunk to others. We only get a short time to live and how they sell this "opportunity to serve the lord" as a worthwhile endeavor is beyond me. I'm just glad that I was never enough of a believer to become Uncle }oe's salesman.

Date: January 14, 2012 10:21AM

Disguising strippers as mishies would be hilarious for a bachelor/bacheloritte party.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 04:06PM

Holy Joseph, what a great idea! If I'm ever forced to move to Utah, I'm going to run with that idea.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 06:41PM

Three missionary sisters. At least one of them must have been hot!

If I wasn't married, I'd invite them in, no question. If only to keep the neighbours guessing.

Posted by: Lets go anon for this ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 09:05PM

Having served a mission, and seen a lot of sister missionaries, you would need at least 10 to find a hot one. Maybe even 20.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.