Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freshperspective ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 11:14PM

Everyone gather round. Everytime freshperspective/experienceheals posts a topic addressing someone who has misunderstood him or of value to him, and anyone else who shares common ground, disrupt, use up his or her post's with childish jargon, so the topic will be out the door as quick as it was posted. Maybe sooner or later, they'll get the message we don't care what they say and they'll eventually leave for a while or forever in hopes they'll get the hint we don't like them or want them around.

That has pretty much been the actions of select unoficially or officially appointed individuals here in this phorum. You think I don't see what's going on with the biased disrespectful motives to shoo people out of the way, certain people don't agree with? It's actually very rude. Reminds me of an elementary school bully, pushing his/her way through the halls while taking other kids lunch money. All because they were never taught common respect at home, or they recieved very little to no healthy amounts of love from home.

Just expressing obvious observations. Those who have participated in the effort, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You all deserve medals and should be proud of yourselves.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2012 11:31PM by freshperspective.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 11:16PM

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 11:18PM

I picked up something a few days ago about it being nice to be important, but more important to be nice. Did you hear that song too? It was played live. I can't remember by who though.
Nice advice anyhow.

Date: January 15, 2012 11:44PM

great advice for everyone, especially those who enjoy bullying. Thanks for sharing. I've heard this one before and I do my best to be kind to others, until someone pushes me too far. Then I need to stick up for myself. Shows I choose to have integrity and respect for myself when others don't care to give any back when I've done my best to give them the benefit of the doubt and a some understanding. I see no reason to give anyone credit who deliberately trashes ones character they know nothing about as they continue to make accusations though. Sincerely, Thanks again for throwing this out there. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 12:06AM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 11:50PM

You took this one nicely, without giving back anything difficult to take, for me. :)

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:23AM

Being nice is overrated.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 11:36PM

... Persecution complex?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:04AM

That was a good thread. It was a good topic and you got thirty five or more solid responses. Most people agreed with you. Two or three disagreed or had slightly different takes on the situation, which makes for a good discussion. There was one minor derailment (the rabbit ears) which happens and which didn't seem to bother you too much. Most board members would be very pleased by the responses to that thread -- I know I would be.

Then you had one disgruntled poster. That happens as well. I wouldn't take it personally. For that poster, you seem to have struck a nerve with your topic. Considering that she's often been put in the position of asking for help, I can see why.

There are different kinds of ways to handle a post like that without having it upset you. You can ignore it, you can respond in a mild way, or you can select certain points that she has made in order to move the discussion forward.

I think what you need to understand is that how a person responds to a post sometimes has more to do with that person than with you. I wouldn't take such a response in an overly personal way.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:06AM

That was my point. You told her what you thought. Now I would forget it.

Date: January 16, 2012 01:25AM

I'm happy how that post turned out for the most part and the support I received. I'm talking about the post I made after that addressing just Atheist&Happy. I was trying to clear things up so maybe she could have a better understanding where I was coming from instead of her jumping to conclusions about me. Then Timothy and a few others jumped all over that topic with a bunch of jargon to fill it up as quick as possible just to get it out of site pretty much. that's what this topic is about. They've done that on purpose to me before. It was pretty disrespectful actually. oh well. At least I hope to have got my message across to the person I was trying to reach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 01:38AM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 03:40AM

Address those people on the thread in question and then just let it go. Starting several additional threads to discuss issues with individual posters is just inviting trouble, IMO (as you came to see. You really only had one problem post on your original thread, but now you have a whole lot of problem posts.) Not everyone is going to be a fan and not everyone is going to understand or agree with your POV. When you try too hard to "correct" issues, you just end up multiplying them.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:14AM

You engage in some heavy introspection, figure out why you have so many conflicts, and then work on resisting the urge to publicly address every single person who disagrees with you.

Date: January 16, 2012 01:33AM

already know why. the only conflicts come from disrespectful people. I have a right to address those individuals when they've stepped over the line. those are the ones who need serious introspection. I only have a problem with those who start throwing accusations with poor judge of character. I'll tell people to their face how wrong they are for their blunt rudeness. not afraid to do so and stand up for myself. Nothing wrong with having a back bone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 01:39AM by Susan I/S.

Date: January 16, 2012 01:49AM

You have the right to address them, but often they are trying to stir things up and get a rise out of you. If you go for the bait, you are giving them exactly what they want-especially if you keep going over and over the same thing trying to make them understand. They are often playing games by deliberately misunderstanding or they are incapable of understanding.Either way, keeping it going is counterproductive.

Date: January 16, 2012 02:58AM

just like you were to your niece. Yeah, I know you don't think so. Back to the neighbor, Atheist & happy tried to explain the problems with your approach, and I didn't think she was disrespectful or rude but just, you know, "telling you straight and honest reality" like you say you do, so one might tend to assume it's OK to do with you--and what was your response?

"You're sick in the head."

Dude, you have interpersonal problems. You create them, being offensive in the name of honesty and then getting all huffy when people let you know they don't like it. You post stories that showcase your own rudeness and disrespect, then get mad when others point it out to you and call *them* rude and disrespectful. That's called projecting. If you spot it, you've got it!

Yeah, I know. But unlike you, I'm not impervious to feedback. Or I should say I try not to be. If two or more people tell me basically the same thing, I assume there's something to it.

If you can't even force yourself to consider the possibility that you weren't entirely righteous, at least stop setting yourself up by posting about your interpersonal conflicts. It just creates more of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 12:09PM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:30AM

Why not just start a new topic about it?

Date: January 16, 2012 01:38AM

rather not waste time arguing over nonsense when it's clear the person wasn't understanding what i have already mentioned several times. I'd rather be a straight shooter and jump to the point, since all other efforts to explain, failed to register to that person whom ever she may be, or he depending on the person and situation. Been through enough arguments to really be more of a waste of time than fruitful. Don't like getting splitting headaches from discussions that go nowhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 01:39AM by Susan I/S.

Date: January 16, 2012 01:34AM

You seem to be doing the same thing you are complaining about-namely filling up threads saying the same thing over and over. The only way to shut some people up is to not respond to them. I don't always follow my own advice, but even so, it works better than arguing. My advice is to tell them what you think once, clarify if you need to and then let it go. Sometimes a long silence works best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 03:36AM by bona dea.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:34AM

I've been bossed around by bullies in the mormon church all my life.
I'm not about to give a total stranger on this board a license to do the same.
Say what you think.
If I don't agree, or decide I don't like you and think you're full of shit, I don't read anything you have to say. ever.
There are only a couple of people on this board that I don't read their thoughts when they write them down.
I think most of you are pretty amazing.
There has been a computer glitch and my screen name no longer appears. For those of you wondering who I am, It's me Mia.

I may have to change my screen name to fix the problem.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 01:41AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 02:01AM by Susan I/S.

Date: January 16, 2012 02:54AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 02:57AM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 07:07AM

Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:25PM

Re: Actually, Shannon, it all started right about ...

Can't let it go can you. I've given you compliments and you find it tough to give any of the same respect back. What's your problem? It's not me. you stirred my pot long before I got in it with you. I should have never given you that kind of attention, because you're quick to throw back negative stuff on people. Please get over it and move on Tim. It's not healthy to hold on to old things, even when someone has already apologized plenty of times. You've beat me over the head with a brick too many times now.

I'm now asking you to please stop. STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP! You know there are Cyber bully laws and you've already broken them plenty of times with me. My patience is wearing very thin and your'e lucky I've been this patient already. I could have called the cops on you many times by now, but I haven't. Moderators aren't doing crap to handle the situation, so my next step will be to take further action by calling the cops near where you live if you don't back off!

You don't believe me, just watch. the next word out of your mouth against me that is blowing insults and meant to interrogate, tease, humiliate, demean, condensend, I'll take ever bit of your comments you've made and use them against you as proof and you'll get your butt hauled off to jail for breaking the law Tim. I can guarantee you that.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I love idle threats!

This is the Gospel according to Timothy ... If ya wanna run with the big dogs, experienceheals/freshperspective, ya gotta stop pissin' like a puppy.

Timothy

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: January 18, 2012 06:53PM

And if you think what's happened to you actually meets the criteria of cyberbullying laws, then I invite you - no, I DARE you - to consult a lawyer on this.

You'll be laughed out of his office within five minutes, and he'll tell you never to waste his time again.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: January 18, 2012 07:15PM

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: January 18, 2012 07:21PM

And grateful for her willingness to volunteer her time to do so. This board has been extremely helpful for me personally.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 19, 2012 07:48AM

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 18, 2012 07:25PM

If a tree falls in the woods, and nobody is around to hear it... does it still constitute cyber-bullying?

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 18, 2012 07:48PM

Everyone gather round. Time for experienceheals/freshperspective to go waste someone else's band and time. He does not learn from experience, has a skewed perspective and is a long long long long way from being healed.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 19, 2012 11:25AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.