Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: January 27, 2012 03:20AM

i visited the exmormonfoundation website yesterday and was alerted by chrome that it contained malware. i ran a scan on it and it indeed had been hacked by somebody who had inserted some redirect code to some russian websites. needless to say i alerted them immediately and it looks like they've removed the hacks. i wonder if it was some rogue danite hacker mormons? lol =) especially since mitt romney and his cult dont need any more bad publicity than they already have =)

my IT forum website a while back got hacked just after i put a link in my header (so it shows on all of my 11,500 indexed pages) to my norwegian website about the mormon church. i moved my website to a blogspot blog instead of trying to fight it. let's see them try and hack google ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2012 03:21AM by Nick Humphrey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 27, 2012 10:36PM

If we only had a "call in an airstrike" button for such people it would be excellent!

Date: January 28, 2012 07:26AM

Posted by: fetching49 ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 02:47AM

I wondered what was going on. I tried to log on to their website early last week and my anti-virus blocked it. I have visited them before so I knew it wasn't a fluke. I have avoided the website since then. Do they have everything fixed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2012 02:48AM by fetching49.

Date: January 28, 2012 07:25AM

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:01AM

Elderly missionaries on "computer missions." When I was TBM, I knew two retired computer programmers who served such missions. They would NOT answer my questions about exactly what they did on their missions. Both their wives said that they "kept the church at the forefront" on Facebook and other blog sites. IMO, that is just underhanded and sneaky.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 06:23AM

When I read that it redirected to Russian sites, I figured it was probably just Russian hackers, and possibly Russian hackers who were pissed at the Mormon church and because of language problems hit the wrong site. Then I thought about it some more, and realized that redirecting it to a Russian site would be a convenient way to make it look like Russian hackers and not someone operating out of the BYU computer lab.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 08:50AM

Posted by: athreehourbore ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 11:42AM

...the way viruses and malware can be limited, it would be very helpful.

I for one intend to piss quite a few mormons off with my website antics and I want to be ready for the great purging of negative PR come election time.

Posted by: nephitehorse ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:05PM

@Chicken'n'Backpacks: The good news is that you now have a russian mail-order bride on the way!

Only one?

;)

Date: January 28, 2012 05:22PM

* correct file permissions on your website files
* keep your software updated to the most recent version, e.g. php, wordpress, etc.
* make sure the webhost you use is reliable and secure

Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 02:29PM

The good news is that you now have a russian mail-order bride on the way!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 02:33PM

Posted by: Lurker47 ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 03:12AM

Chances are it was just an ad that got flagged.

Date: January 30, 2012 03:59AM

it was hacked by a hacking hacker... =)

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:42AM

there was a video on youtube that exposed the secret temple handshakes. it had over 400 K hits. apparently LDS INC had that pulled. they are so proud of their stupid religion and so embarrassed of it , at the same time. MORmONS!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.