Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Diane ( )
Date: January 27, 2012 08:34PM

Not asking what the annointing means, but what it could mean to Mitt--and our country/government.

As I understand it, the 2nd annointing guarantees exaltation to the recipiant--no matter what they might do in the future. (am I wrong here and misremembering?)

If someone high in power has this guarantee, what might he be capable to doing? murder? causing a war? I found the idea of a TBM in the white house chilling before--assuming that he really believes and what all that entails (law of consecration, etc.)

Adding in the idea of a possible 2nd annointing is kind of a scary thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 27, 2012 08:35PM

Date: January 27, 2012 08:39PM

I hope I am not getting too "Dan Brown" here, but YIKES. He could think he could do ANYTHING, And he has prior absolution for it.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 11:40AM

Ah, MittOleum ...

Posted by: godesstogodless ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 07:33AM

Funny Steve! Love your quick wit. Dianne thanks for picking up and continuing my thread. I think if he has and believes in it which I think he has and does beleive. why else give all that money. I just don't like the idea of some elitist, secret society club member leading our country. Look at the mindset of the leaders in the mo church - they are just psychotic and out of touch with reality. Don't want any of the Repubs in office but the thought of Mitt in there makes me that more uneasy.

Date: January 28, 2012 09:24AM

My never-mo husband doesn't see the problem, He says that a lot of past presidents believed that they could do no wrong and he doesn't see a difference. I know the Mormon mindset and it scares me.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 03:43AM

Yeah, we've had enuff trouble with those flippin' Skull and Bones secret societies presidents already.

Posted by: chimes ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 11:22AM

...deep down, even subconsciously, Mitt would feel he could do nearly anything with impunity. No fears of celestial demotion.

....his TRUE allegiance is to the LDS empire, NOT to the U.S. Constitution.

....he is open to, ripe to the influences of the LDS General Authorities. Under-the-cover communications with them would go unknown & unreported; having perhaps much weight in Mitts decisions and policies.

This is not good stuff. It needs to somehow be exposed to the media, the pundits, the adversaries.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 03:45AM

The US has a constitution? Sounds like a "little fleck of history" to me...

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 11:37AM

Give over guys. He's not going to press the nuclear button just because he believes he has a direct pass to the Celestial Kingdom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2012 12:43PM by Eric K.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 12:01PM

There's a guy who sometimes posts here who did have his second. His story is in the archives I believe. Anyway, he says the SA made him even more determined to be a good person and be a shining example to the world. He said it didn't even cross his mind that he could get away with stuff now.

Of course now he's an apostate, so he obviously didn't have the mindset of a "real" mormon. ;-)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 12:07PM

Only one thing would stand in his way, whether or not he denies the Holy Ghost, and then you become a so-called "son of perdition." And no one really defines what THAT means, either. Like our friend Jim who sometimes posts as Anointed One. He appears to assume that he's a SOP, but who knows? Mormons never define their own doctrines.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 12:25PM

I wouldn't get too excited about this. All that Hoover Dam level of power I got with various priesthood ordinations, patriarchal blessing (from Eldred G Smith hisself), endowment™, and sealing™, didn't change my life much.

Whatever Mitten's faults, he seems to be the ultimate pragmatist, and there is no pragmatic value to a second anointing, unless you aspire to GA-hood, which I think is now off the table for Mittens.

If he has had the dreaded SA, which I doubt, I don't think he thinks much about it. He's not a philosopher at heart. He's a car salesman.

Date: January 28, 2012 12:41PM

Next step: 3'rd anointing (like karate belts).

There are too many 2'nd anointeds running around ...

Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 06:43AM

I think it means the church owns him. Unless, like Annointed One, he comes to his senses.

I rather like the idea of an Exmo POTUS. TBMs are already getting smug about him getting this far, now wouldn't his apostacy that turn the tables. I can dream can't I?!

Posted by: anointed one ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 02:05PM

Posted by: X ( )
Date: February 13, 2012 10:06PM

Hey anointed one! Are you Jim Whitefield? If so, what's up with the alias? Are you still planning on being god, or however that works?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 02:08PM

It means he received a second dose of stupidity.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 02:49PM

It would mean he has his "calling and election made sure" or so they claim. I'm not sure what all that means, but it's a separate ordinance done for some of the members. It's a religious ordinance/ritual that is important to the believers and those that receive it.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 06:13PM

I don't know about his second anointment, but he'll feel his second annoyance if his election isn't made sure!

Date: February 13, 2012 06:33PM

<snort>

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 13, 2012 06:44PM

His election as president would be a mere formality.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 03:38AM

It means he is already god...........as he has always expected he was. Heaven help us.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 03:39AM

It means he is already god...........as he has always known he was. Heaven help us.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.