Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Holbrook ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:17PM

Any ideas what might have happened? Retired, new job, left the church, other?

http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/discussions/viewthread/31805/

No one seems to know what happened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fetching49 ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:24PM

Hmmmn the church is definately making some changes in it's appointments lately. I wonder what they have planned next?

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 11:03PM

Before, this job may not have been too emotionally exhausting, but now it is. I'd retire or change jobs too. Wonder who is taking over and if he will last long.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:15AM

Why do you assume it'll be a he? Oh wait, forgot where I was posting.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:46AM

Ha...I thought about that as I was writing it and then said "no, don't put a she"....we are talking Mormons here. SHE is to be pregnant and in the kitchen.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:28PM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:48PM

He's way too young to retire. He probably just transferred to another department. The job he had was probably emotionally exhausting.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:27PM

I only seem to recall that he was approximately in his mid to late 40s when Cricket met him in about 2000. If that's correct, he's be pushing 60 now or close to it. If he's been frugal, he could retire and do something else for a few years.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:51PM

I always thought he had the toughest job in the Corp. if he believed, it must have grieved him to see so many once-faithful members fall away. If he didn't believe, it must have grieved him to see so many of us escaping while he was trapped.

No matter where he is, I'm sure it's easier to get up and go to work now.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:53PM

I'm going to miss him.
He had the perfect last name.

Thousands of people looked forward to getting the Dodge letter.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:54PM

He might have just got a new job, like we all do from time to time.

Probably no story.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:56PM

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:06PM

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:16PM

Did he reply in kind?

"Dear Mr. Dodge,

this is a matter which must be handled by your local church authorities."

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:22PM

LOL! I saw that post too. I'm glad he was still there to sign my 'get out of Dodge' letter.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:22PM

I hope he left. I hope, hope, hope he's writing a book. I'm sure he would have some incredible stories to tell.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:33PM

Maybe he was getting too efficient. Processing too many too fast. I would love it if he would tell the numbers. I would pay money to know the numbers.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:52PM

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 05:07PM

I had a friend who worked at the COB for a few years, and once she had to speak with Dodge to get some information about something, and he answered the question but then spoke to her boss and tried to get her fired because she didn't use the proper channels to communicate with him. He was apparently a department head with some special authority, but not as almighty as he thought he was, because her boss laughed about it.

He sounded exquisitely bored to me when I spoke to him. He spoke the words like he had said them thousands of times before and was doing it in his sleep.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 09:59PM

Whaa?? Is this why no one has opened my resignation email?? Crap, who must I talk to to get my friggin name off their stupid records?!

Posted by: chipsnsalsa ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:13PM

I always thought "Greg Dodge" was one of those consumer tested fictional names like they have at certain companies to make consumers feel like the company cares about them. Like "Betty Crocker."

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:23PM

Ha! I totally thought that too...

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:34PM

Maybe they moved him in order to create a bureaucratic mess that would slow down the processing of resignation letters until after November. You know, since the church is under a microscope right now.

Posted by: Provo Girl ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:41PM

We should "freind" him on Facebook or like the page. LOL

Posted by: just a thought ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 11:08PM

TSM: "So what do you here Greg?"

Greg: "Oh I process requests for people trying to leave the church."

NEXT!

Kind of like the guy responsible for Freedom of Information Act requests for a certain former Darth Vadar-like vice president.

Date: January 29, 2012 12:52AM

Personally, I think a certain VPs problem was that he was not more like Darth Vader. I mean, he let that lawyer live, after shooting him in the face. What kind of man doesn't finish off a lawyer when he has the chance? Just kidding to all our lawyer friends on here.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 11:20PM

He probably went on a mission. I have a friend whose parents worked at the COB. He retired and a couple years later, when she was in her late 50s, she quit to go on a couples mission in Germany.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2012 11:20PM by CA girl.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 03:33AM

because there won't be any more of them available! They are now a limited edition! WOW!!!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:37PM

Nothing has changed on his Facebook account. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if there is any way to verify any changes. But it might not be his "real" account. Hard to know.
They make transfers and promotions like any other company. Or he might be out on leave for medical reasons.
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until there is some solid factual information.

Date: January 29, 2012 12:44PM

This man has played an important part in all of our lives. He has done more to bring us joy then any other priesthood holder in the church. Therefore, if he has been promoted, or retired, I think we owe it to him to hire him a stripper gram. Whose with me?

Posted by: flanders ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 04:14PM

No sense in sending him a stripper gram. He'll just send it to the Bishop for local action...

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:49PM

It'll be staffed by all the Indian Mormons. Both of them.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:55PM

Snort!!! That was funny!

Posted by: Flare ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 03:40PM

Ok, that thread on PostMormon.org was seriously funny!! Loved it. Thanks for posting the link.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.