Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:06PM

The LDS church just doesn't stop with the fear and hate these days, do they? Everyone is an enemy and out to get you. Everything is bad for you, but hey you are sooo speshul. What is so special about always being unhappy and miserable?

I'm so glad I flushed this crap. I'm so much more at peace these days, now that I'm off the church's hamster wheel.

Here are some more fear and gloom words from the king of pain himself, Packer:

http://www.lds.org/study/prophets-speak-today/unto-all-the-world/how-to-survive-in-enemy-territory?lang=eng

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:10PM

Remember tho:

Once you're 'tized & confirmed, you're "adopted into the tribe"

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:14PM

"No member of this Church—and that means each of you—will ever make a serious mistake without first being warned by the promptings of the Holy Ghost."

So how did he and Gordo get deceived by Mark Hoffmann? (See picture on another thread.)

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 11:41PM

I guess we now know for sure that the big 15 do not listen to promptings from the Holy Ghost. Because Mark Hoffman led them astray just fine and if they were prompted by the spirit, obviously they didn't listen.

Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:15PM

'cause they were acting as men...

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:20PM

I guess all the TBMs taken in who lost their life savings to all the Ponzi schemes run by Mormons didn't have the Holy Ghost warn them.

I would say losing your life savings was a pretty "serious mistake."

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 10:42PM

Oh it warned them. They just weren't living righteously enough to pay heed to its promptings, the sweet, still small voice of the spirit warning them as the prophets had foretold.

Don't cha know?

Rule One in prophesying and making promises for the Lord: Thou shalt include in all thy sayings to the people plausible deniability such that the church's good name shall never be suspect and all harm that may occur, should it occur, will rebound on the hapless members who shall be shown to be lacking insofar as worldly fortune is denied them.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:51AM

I hear this all the time.

Do they ever "act as women?" THAT would stir things up a bit, wouldn't it?

They DO love each other, right? It's a start.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:51AM

So if I have sex outside of marriage, can I tell the bishop "I was acting as a man?"

That excuse seems to let the GA's go scott-free.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 12:52AM by kimball.

Posted by: elysiannevermo ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:19AM

Not gonna lie, first picture I have seen of him... and he looks like a creeper

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 07:11AM

I guess that SATAN has control of me because when I try to read stuff like "how to survive in enemy territory" and other Mormon Mush all I read is "Blah, Blah, Blah". All that "faith promoting BS" stimulates my gag reflex.

Posted by: this alien ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:52PM

“You cannot lie or cheat or steal or act immorally and have those channels remain free from disruption. Do not go where the environment resists spiritual communication,” President Packer said.

packer's channels are stuffed full and overflowing with disruption. i guess "those who can, do; those who can't...preach" (to paraphrase the common saying).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.