Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 11:51AM

byu fans say they are the fans of god's team. Yet they throw trash on to the basketball court because of the refs which led to a technical foul on the fans. Saint Mary's killed byu. If the bad calls didn't happen Saint Mary's would still have won. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/53397143-88/byu-cougars-gaels-mary.html.csp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LCMc ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 11:52AM

Catholic god won, moron god lost.

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 12:39PM

I watched the game on TV. I was actually embarrassed for the BYU fans, players, and coaches. What a joke. The Catholics simply out played the Mormons. I typically notice how BYU players (in football and basketball) are very whiney, in your face (when they do something good), and always think they are getting screwed. Of course, many (not all) BYU fans are also that way. But, I truly enjoyed the game.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 03:02PM

I think Danny Ainge still holds the record as the whiniest player in the NBA.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 03:06PM

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 05:31PM

Of course, condemnation where it is warranted....but in fairness you could have focused on the classy, complimentary comments of the BYU coach towards the St. Mary's team.

Date: January 29, 2012 06:03PM

Yes, but that is the same coach that was out of control with a technical foul and that is what most of the viewers saw. It was embarrassing-fans, players, AND coaches

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 06:52PM

Many coaches get technical fouls and many coaches show their disdain to the referees over calls...even past BYU coaches. Criticize things Mormon all you want but but at what point does criticism become simple bashing.

Date: January 29, 2012 07:14PM

You must be a huge BYU fan because you are not seeing what the nation saw last night--you are very biased. BYU stands for and speaks out againts what happened last night. It was embarrassing. BYU also played awful on their home court against St Marys???? Good luck with the season--you need against any decent team.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 07:31PM

I never criticized the coach. I'm fine with coaches getting angry over bad calls against their team. But fans throwing trash onto the court is too far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 07:31PM by 48erhater.

Posted by: pkdfan2 ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 07:36PM

That is a drinking campus. When they hosted a job fair, the liquor flowed.

Posted by: vivo ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 07:59PM

Go over to the BYU sports site and their video of the game ONLY shows BYU making shots and cheering happy BYU fans.

You'd a thunk it were a different game.

Date: January 29, 2012 08:02PM

How about all of the many things (paper things) thrown on the floor at the end of the game and the continual booing by the BYU fans about the calls by the refs?

Posted by: vivo ( )
Date: January 29, 2012 08:18PM

Not an iota. Nada. Players talking how it was a tough game and they couldn't get anything going superimposed over visuals of BYU making shot after shot after shot. No mention of the coaches big sin either.

Whitewash county.

Date: January 29, 2012 08:22PM

Good luck with the Cougars. I will stick to my position. Unfortunately, BYU holds themselves to a higher standard or that is what they say anyway. That standard is for players, coaches, and fans. They talk about it all the time there. I think that standard (as I watched the game) was compromised.

All I know is that BYU lost last night. Let's just move on.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.