Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: regularguy ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:05PM

Below is my OP from the first thread. A lot of good responses, so lets keep it going.

When I was solid TBM, I used to wonder if the Pope knew his religion was false. I mean, he is the boss, devoted followers assume he speaks with God.

Now that I am not TBM, I wonder the same thing about the Prophet (whoever that may be at a given time) and doesn't he wonder why he isn't actually meeting and speaking with Christ in the temple????

In my earlier days (climbing the church leadership ladder) I remember reaching certain positions, thinking I would now CERTAINLY get revelation for this church calling. (Of course, I was always disappointed)

So what I am wondering is, if the man who finally reaches the position of the President of the Church, the Prophet, the Lord's Mouthpiece, why doesn't that man come out and say that he had seen it all now and its a fraud?????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:26PM

Because most of them have devoted their entire life to the Cult. Even if they weren't employed by it directly (like Gordo) for most of their life, they have spent 30 years or so waiting for the 14 in front of them to die so they could become Profit. In all, they have spent about 65 years working for a Corporation in various capacities before they become Profit.

Do you think anyone after 65 years of service is going to come out and say it's a fraud? Not only do they lose their POWER in being treated like a rock-star by the Cult members but what do you think some fanatics would do after they found out? They wouldn't take it well, and not only would their life be in danger, but so would that of all their immediate family.

In a perverted way, some may think they are actually doing good by continuing the fraud. They probably think about how many people are employed directly and indirectly by the Cult, and what would happen to them (and the UT economy) if the Cult folded up and closed down?

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 09:32PM

I think every last one of them knows and have nearly always known. I think they are running a large corporation and laughing their butts off all the way to the bank with the tithing from the gullibles.

Posted by: flyboy ( )
Date: February 02, 2012 10:15PM

Sorta OT, but to be clear: there are 7 possible instances of the use of papal infallibility in the last 2000 years, but Catholic theologians only agree on two: the Immaculate Conception and the Assumption.

The other five are ancient, and are on subjects only appropriate for a PhD thesis at the Angelicum. In the modern era Benedict XVI and John XXIII have made it pretty clear that it's a tool to be rarely used, if at all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.