Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Johnney ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 01:58AM

Start making really short videos that we can flood into Youtube that present a simple, horrifying fact about the morg?

Seems like it would help

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: subliminal ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 02:08AM

Yes, let's all start making I'm an exmormon videos to counter all those I'm a morgbot videos that they have up. I'd love to do one.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 02:11AM

If someone wants to do this, and has the time and resources they should. If they don't, then they shouldn't be pressured. One of the great thing about being an exmo is that you don't feel like you have to fulfill any duties or special jobs anymore.

I know, I still sometimes get the urge to hand out callings on here, for people to go out and do something to hurt the Morg. If people want to do it, then it should be on their own time.

You have a great idea, I just disagree with the wording, which makes it sound like an Elder's Quorum assignment.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 02:42AM

The vast majority of exmos simply walk away and don't feel the need to campaign against the church. It's already taken too much from me, might be the feeling here.

And also, as an atheist, I see no more reason to attack Mormonism than to attack any other organised religion that acts as a cult. We might have a personal grudge against Mormonism, but there are plenty of others out there just as dangerous, and I'm not just talking about the ones with origins in Christianity.

It might do us all more good as a society to produce anti-Islamic videos and post them to YouTube. If just one would-be suicide bomber sees our video and deconverts, then we might even save lives!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 03:04AM

Or you could simply try reporting pro-suicide bomber vids on the internet to Youtube. That is actually a problem, and they even have a link to do it. There are groups that organize campaigns, but their politics might make them insufferable to many on this forum.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 03:00AM

you mean videos like this, that punch MORmONISM in the stomach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZtWp4pyvGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UncZBWcIPL8

LDS INC is really hoping that you dont do that! In fact they totally pannicked when they saw they had lost control of the messages about their LDS gospel on video sharing sites. To counter attacks on their beloved LDS CRIMINAL enterprise, LDS INC put willing MORmON members to work to spam jam critics of MORmONISM into oblivion on Youtube, ie flooding youtube with Pro MORmON video to drown out any contrary expression. THat movement started in 2007. In order to get a foot hold on youtube and to take control, LDS INC also spent money to bribe youtube into closing any notable accounts that were not friendly to the MORmON message.

The LDS attempt to take over youtube is not working thanks to ppl who have already done what you say you would like to do. There is still plenty of room for you to get on board with your plan, which is a very good one.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: February 03, 2012 05:51AM

... most "normal" folks are likely to grant exmo videos as much attention as they grant mo videos.

That would be somewhere between 0 and none.

Timothy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.