Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freebird ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 01:36PM

Hi folks! I dont know if some of you remember me but I used to post under the name of amorewhollyman. I just want to briefly update ya'll on what has recently transpired in my life. In May of 2008 I officially resigned from the mormon church.2007 and 2008 I can honestly say were the worst 2 years of my life. I lost a brother to suicide which was the catalyst that started me on my journey in finding out the truth about mormonism! Which,as a result, ended many of my closest friendships. So to sum it up, I lost a dear brother, tragically,I lost my faith, and almost my entire social network of friends! Oh, and also my wonderful marriage to my best friend was crumbling before my eyes as well as my close relationship with my children! UPDATE: Feb. 5 2012: I sat in the local branch prez's office holding my wife's hand as she turned in her resignation letter!!! We enter the church,me wearing bluejeans and a t shirt, her wearing sweatpants and a t shirt, greeted and hugged our former friends and associates, and "bore witness" to the new branch prez the "UNTRUTHFULLNESS" of their gospel (mormonism) for an hour and twenty minutes in his office!!! My marriage is better than it has ever been, my relationship with my children is wonderful, and my life is definitely a gift that I cherish with extreme gratitude! FOR ME, and I WILL ONLY SPEAK for me, I credit God for all of of it! I placed my shattered life through faith, in His hands and I BELIEVE,in faith he brought me to this point! I do want to acknowledge the many people on RFM whose wise council and advise was much appreciated and received. robertb and suzyQ1, I say a particular, God bless you and thank you so very much! Your advise was truly a blessing for me at dire moments in my life. RFM ROCKS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 01:45PM

people leaving, it's really a relief to hear stories that eventually turn out so well.

Congratulations on taking control of your life and making choices that you are happy about!

Posted by: reasonabledoubt ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 01:50PM

Now there's a good faith promoting story -- congratulations!

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 02:17PM

Good for you!

Posted by: myselfagain ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 02:56PM

That's fantastic! I am pretty new here, and the support is unbelievable. Glad you're still out of TSCC and living your authentic life.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 03:02PM

I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I'm sorry for all you've gone through though.

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 03:27PM

Terrific!

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 03:35PM

Congratulations. there was a light at the end of your tunnel! :-)

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 03:52PM

Thank you for letting us know about this, freebird. It encourages all of us!

May happiness continue for you, your DW & your children; all free from the chains of Mormonism!

Posted by: freebird ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 04:26PM

Thanks to all, for your positive responses! I am fully aware that so many who come here to share their stories and thoughts do not always experience the same positive outcome.My heart truly goes out to them.The pain and anguish that often accompanies an exit out of mormonism should never be minimalized! For all of us, who have experienced it, we know how overwhelmingly painful it can be! I just want to express to all who feel overwhelmed with feelings of hopelessness and despair,DONT GIVE UP, and you dont have to give in!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! AND YOU WILL MAKE IT AND YOU CAN BE HAPPY! There are people out there who can help you,reach out and seek them and you will find new "real" friends to enrich your life! I still have children and family in mormonism, so mormonism will probably always be in my life. But Im OK with that because my resolve is firm but my love is intact. THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE AND THERE IS ALWAYS A PATH TO HAPPINESS! BELIEVE IT,SEEK IT AND YOU WILL FIND IT!

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 04:03PM

What a story you have. Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you've been to hell and back. Congratulations, so good to hear that you and your wife are both out together.

Posted by: kmackie ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 04:27PM

Thankyou for sharing,so good to hear your journey and so pleased that your wife is out too,enjoy your life and keep your loved one's close.

I went through something similar,however was fortunate my hubby was nevermo,God Bless you all.

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 04:51PM

Wow, you made my day by sharing your story. Thank you and all good wishes to you and yours.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 05:01PM

wowza... ya make me believe in miracles!! :-)Ya, I remember you! What great news -- a more stable, loving family !! What more is there? I'm thrilled!! You made my day!! And thanks for the kind words!

Posted by: flanders ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 05:07PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to read of your success. But you give credit to God??? Ok, where the hell was he/she when I needed the help? My story mirrors yours. No respecter of persons, eh? Your God is a pr*ck.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 05:12PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 06:02PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2012 06:05PM by matt.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 06:06PM

do we have a board problem?

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 06:16PM

checking board again

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 06:17PM

Great news, freebird. Never give up!

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 06:19PM

Mine's been more of a slow process. Working on year 5. Slowly coming around.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 06, 2012 06:58PM

How wonderful that with patience and continued love your family followed you out. Love your story but am very sad for your losses. If you care to talk about your brother's suicide if it relates to Mormonism, I think many would be interested. I wish you all the best and as a believer in God I am happy that you were still able to call on HIM to help during these difficult yrs. Sounds like other exmos may want to hear your story at the next exmormon conference.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.