Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 03:44AM

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

I know some of you think the monarchy is outdated and irrelevant and such, but she is the only monarch I can remember and I think she is a very classy lady. She has weathered some tough times and I have a lot of respect for her.

Yeah, I know we had our Revolution to cut loose from you guys, but I still love the UK. Vive la Reine!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 08:16AM

Can you imagine if Prince Phillip was a mormon - testimony meeting would be a hoot! Any missionaries who'd brought investigators would be squirming in their seats.

I wonder what he'd say if he got inside the temple - I'd love to see that on Youtube!

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 11:33AM

Likely he'd be shocked at how much the Mormon temple goings on compared to his masonry.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 11:35AM

We Canadians are kind of stuck with her, and her heirs and successors as well....I am not sure why a foreign person is entitled to be our offical head of state. For the record her immediate heir is a flake and an adulterer, learning the latter behaviour from his Father, though she herself appears to be a very gracious and dedicated lady.

Posted by: apikoros ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 02:36PM

Another Canadian here, proud of my Queen [I only vaguely remember her father - King George VI] - and ineffably glad that she is my Head of State instead of some of the others I have seen people endure: Mugabe, Idi Amin, Kim Jong-Il, General Pinochet, Richard Nixon ... the list is virtually endless.

I have never considered us as 'stuck with her,' and would work my tail off in any referendum to ensure that she remained as our Head of State. She is an exemplary leader, and has come through both national and personal crises with an enhanced reputation. Hang in ther, EIIR!!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 05:17PM

catnip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
>
> I know some of you think the monarchy is outdated
> and irrelevant and such, but she is the only
> monarch I can remember and I think she is a very
> classy lady. She has weathered some tough times
> and I have a lot of respect for her.
>
> Yeah, I know we had our Revolution to cut loose
> from you guys, but I still love the UK. Vive la
> Reine!

Thank you! I am a Royalist, so appreciate your sentiments.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 06:39PM

By rights I should be a republican, as it would fit better with my overall political beliefs. But in practice, I am still a royalist for the pragmatic reason that I couldn't think of anyone better for the role of "president of the United Kingom" than the Queen!

If you remain unconvinced, just imagine the alternatives - President Tony Blair? President Simon Cowell?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 06:53PM

freeman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By rights I should be a republican, as it would
> fit better with my overall political beliefs. But
> in practice, I am still a royalist for the
> pragmatic reason that I couldn't think of anyone
> better for the role of "president of the United
> Kingom" than the Queen!
>
> If you remain unconvinced, just imagine the
> alternatives - President Tony Blair? President
> Simon Cowell?

I feel the same way. I suppose I should be a republican but like yourself, can't be arsed with it! The current system of government we have works well, so why tamper with it?

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 06:46PM

One was a royalist, the other a republican. It was always interesting hearing those two ladies go at it.

Posted by: puck ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 07:51PM

Can I count as british for living here (and inching closer to a permanent resident status) now?

Definite republican though, I attended a student's protest for the waste of funds going to the diamond jubilee whilst tuition fees are skyrocketing.

that said, I'm very much hoping my exams aren't during the celebrations going on in london in june, because it's probably the last big royal celebration before the monarchy is phased out (with several countries planning to hold referendums and leave the empire when charles becomes king, can you really blame them?).

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: February 07, 2012 10:03PM

Does anyone else think the royals are Illuminati reptilian shapshifters descended from the Annunaki of Nibiru and Sumer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTUVARsy6m0&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL579836A8A61494AB

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 09, 2012 02:47AM

I thought it was too silly for words.

The idea of Charles and Camilla being crowned makes me a bit queasy, so I wish HM the very best of health for a long time yet to come.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.