Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: alwaysaskingtiff ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 05:43PM

Where is it listed that the LDS active numbers are going down? I'm just curious......

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: alwaysaskingtiff ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 05:43PM

Posted by: mormonism't ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 06:14PM

Posted by: heftmyplates ( )
Date: February 10, 2012 09:19PM

from the abc4 website, this post was especially poignant, from Kristin

Me, my husband, and our four children are more of the members the LDS church has lost because of their deceit and greed. My husband and I were both raised in the church, both served full-time missions, and were active members raising our children in the faith for several years.

A few years ago we were faced with an issue that we could not get a solid answer to from our LDS leadership, and it did force us to "dig deeper" into faith, both the teachings of past prophets and early church doctrine. What we found was shocking to us, particularly where it concerned the character and integrity of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

We soon realized these men could not have been called by a just and loving god to lead his church. When that testimony falls apart, everything else falls with it. It is now clear that the LDS church has never been led by a "prophet", but only regular old men, filled with their own self-importance, and leading their people not by godly inspiration, but by their own weak understanding and prejudices.

It becomes so clear when you are able to step outside of the Mormon mindset. The LDS "church" is now a for-profit corporation, disguised as a religion. It has been built on the backs of their volunteer members, and the tax-free donations those members have given over decades. It is led by businessmen, not theologians, with a love of money and power over souls.

I'm truly glad that more and more members are opening their eyes to the con the LDS has been running, and I look forward to its continued decline. I do feel for all the people who have been hurt, and will continue to be hurt, by the lies of this organization. I and my family, though, are in a better, happier place in our lives than we ever have been.

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 02:22PM

I really like this letter. I can see members blowing it off, as they do so many stories like it, as just sour grapes or something other that what the writer said led her and her family out of the church.

There is no good reason to leave.

The capacity for denial and bull$4!t--epitomized by the apologist's position that the LDS church must be true b/c there remains the slightest possibility that all the lies could have been based on something other than power and lust--amazes me and is a clue as to how far people will go to keep a childish and dysfunctional fantasy alive.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 02:31PM

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 02:36PM

If you lurk around RfM, I want to congratulate you on an articulate, intelligent response to this article. It's the kind of sound reasoning that Mormons have the hardest time shrugging off. They can still do it but it's harder when presented with the kind of response Kristin to the time to write.

Posted by: Teddy ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 03:11PM

Well,a for-profit corporation is an improvement since the days of JS and BY.

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 02:28PM

heftmyplates - well said and I couldn't agree more.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 11, 2012 02:39PM

So what do you think is going to happen to all the temples when they start having to sell them off? Some like the San Diego or Washington DC temple would make excellent private homes, but a lot of the ugly ones, like the Atlanta, or any of the new McTemples would probably be better off either turn down, or converted into office buildings.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.