Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 01:21AM

That is all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: willyjames ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 11:03AM

Amen to that -Great man, scientist, observer.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 11:16AM

+1

Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 11:44AM

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 12:29PM

Leaps and bounds before his time and not afraid to fight about it! I am a huge Darwin fan. He inspired future scientists and I personally think it's the route to go to disprove a lot of Mormonism and other religions for that matter.

Pixie Dust and other fellow RFMers that have fbook post that to your walls...I wonder if they will even understand it? A great Sunday topic. It gets to the point and they love pictures and maps (see back of Book of Mormon) Way to keep it in the family Chris Darwin.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 12:42PM

To the Greatest Liberator humankind will ever know, happy birthday.

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 12:54PM

You are definitely the man!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 01:41PM

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 04:23PM

I will never forget "Lucy". I read it at age 15. Made me think. The first time I put something on the cog dis shelf.

Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 05:47PM

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 06:03PM

I used to work at a factory that had a redneck Christian culture (surprise). Every once in a while some cracker would spout: Charles Darwin was stupid. I would reply: Yeah, eight years of college, what a waste.

Thank you C. Darwin for dismantling ignorance with objective research.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 07:07PM

You reminded me of something, Don. I worked for a time with someone who attended the same public (aka private) school as Charles Darwin did, Shrewsbury School.

Really will have to look Matthew up. If my liver can take it! ;oD

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 07:22PM

Is he the guy who invented "Monkey Love?"

Posted by: quatermass ( )
Date: February 12, 2012 08:30PM

Happy aniversary.

Darwin did some very insightful work, and he was meticulous in his observational activities. Let's not forget, however, that his most insightful work happened when Wallace, another intellectual giant, collaborated with Darwin.

The great shame is that he couldn't have lived to see the discovery of the structure of DNA.

And to lay an old chestnut to rest, Darwin did *not* recant his work on evolution on his deathbed; so many times have I heard that from TBMs and fundamentalist christians.

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: February 13, 2012 01:35AM

http://darwinday.org/

"Recognizing science as an international language accessible to all individuals and societies, the International Darwin Day Foundation provides a new global holiday that transcends separate nationalities and cultures. Darwin Day can be celebrated in many different ways: civic ceremonies with official proclamations, educational symposia, birthday parties, art shows, book discussions, lobby days, games, protests, and dinner parties. Organizers may include: academic societies, science organizations, freethought groups, religious congregations, libraries, museums, galleries, teachers and students, families and friends. In Darwin Day, we are able to recognize the diversity among us, while celebrating our common humanity and the universal understanding we share."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.