Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Strykary ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 04:30PM

Well, isn't that interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/14/proxy-baptism-elie-wiesel_n_1274271.html?ir=Politics

Maybe they're onto something here. They can really inflate membership numbers by performing proxy baptisms for the living!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 04:51PM

Elie Wiesel wonders if Mitt Romney is aware of what his church is doing

Elie Wiesel wants Mitt Romney to tell the Mormon Church
to stop posthumous proxy baptisms on Jews

"I think it's scandalous. Not only objectionable, it's scandalous," Wiesel said of the baptisms.

"I wonder if as a candidate for the presidency Mitt Romney is aware of what his church is doing. I hope that if he hears about this that he will speak up," Wiesel said, noting that a presidential candidate "should comment on everything."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/14/elie-wiesel-mitt-romney-mormon-church_n_1276148.html?ref=politics

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 06:15PM

One of the comments struck me: they suggested that someone renounce vicariously all the Mormon baptisms that have taken place. Or re-baptize the baptized into some other religion. Anyone want to get started on your Anti-Genealogy?

(Another idea for those still in: continue submitting controversial names, especially Jewish ones. Stir up more trouble.)

"And the reasons why I am doing it, are very clear to me...."

(In other news, I just went to look up the lyrics for that lovely song, and they've totally changed it from "Genealogy"--to get away from "genes"?--to "Family History", as well as some of the other lyrics--are they worried that the reasons really weren't all that clear?).

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 12:19AM

the obnoxious MORmONS have plenty of time to posthumously baptize those who would most likely have no interest in becoming MORmONS, but LDS INC does not have the time to nullify by decree all those plural marriages of early MORmON leaders, You know, the polygamous ones as in LDS polygamy that Gordon "B.S." Hinckley insisted that MORmONISM has nothing to do with,whatsoever.

LYING JERKS !

Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 12:51AM

A video I produced expressing my understanding of why Mormons baptize Holocaust victims, US Presidents, etc. This is the first video I've made in a long time in which I was trying to be serious rather than humorous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHl-ebTbgOs

Posted by: drjekyll ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 01:18AM

Nice work Flat Lander!

Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 01:21AM

Posted by: exmowife ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 01:47AM

Thank you for the video - very informative for a nevermo. Creepy that Mo's don't see the disrespect and oddness of this practise. Now I have to wonder if my family has had people baptised this way! Ugh!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.