Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 12:57AM

A video I produced expressing my understanding of why Mormons baptize Holocaust victims, US Presidents, etc. This is the first video I've made in a long time in which I was trying to be serious rather than humorous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHl-ebTbgOs

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 01:44AM

GreAt video
My atheist grandmother has also been deaddunked and married to my granddad, polygamously, as he had a first wife as well. She would be rolling in her grave.

I checked up on this recently using my log on, which is still active. The only person who could have done this is my mother. As an ex daughter in law, (Divorced from my dad 40 years ago), she is in no way the next of kin.

Date: February 15, 2012 01:27PM

Yes, I was going to address the polygamy issue (a many remarrying after his wife dies, and then after he dies COJCOLDS seals him to BOTH of his wives in life, essentially making him a polygamist in heaven), but I thought the video was getting kind of long already, so I just left that part out.

It is a valid (and annoying) complaint for a great many people who don't want anyone to think Grandpa was a polygamist.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 12:49AM

Flat Lander Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, I was going to address the polygamy issue (a
> many remarrying after his wife dies, and then
> after he dies COJCOLDS seals him to BOTH of his
> wives in life, essentially making him a polygamist
> in heaven),

That's the "Marry them all and let God sort it out" policy. They will necro-marry a woman to all the husbands she had in life too.

Date: February 16, 2012 03:45PM

baura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> That's the "Marry them all and let God sort it
> out" policy. They will necro-marry a woman to all
> the husbands she had in life too.

Yes, it goes both ways, but many people are greatly offended by this. But some are also offended by this in life. I have a friend who is a third wife of a man twice before divorced. She was sealed to him in the temple, then shortly thereafter he died. His second wife had been inactive, but his death seemed to be a catalyst to get reactivated. Among her specific objectives was to qualify for the temple and be sealed to her former (now deceased) husband. There was nothing whatever the third wife could do to prevent this, and she was quite annoyed by the prospect of being a polygamous wife in heaven.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 02:00AM

Great Video?

I was wondering if there is a way to start a No Dead-Dunking List?

If we could get people to sign it and then present it to the church? I wonder how many names we could collect?

Date: February 15, 2012 05:24PM

Perhaps we should create one and submit it to the Church's Family History or Genealogical Department. They wouldn't respect it, of course, but we might be able to garner some media attention, and therefore compel them to reply before cameras and reporters, etc.

I like the idea!

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 11:22PM

I believe that if we were to give them such a list, it would just make short work of it for them. These people honestly believe they are "saving" us, and they don't give a flying f*ck if we don't want to be saved. I truly believe that if there were to be a "do not dunk" list, they would look at it and go, "Look! Here's a list of names to use!"

Date: February 15, 2012 11:28PM

Yes, I agree completely, the Mormons would use the "Do not Baptize" list as a list to DEFINITELY baptize.

Reminds me of a place I worked years ago where they had a problem with a particular door being propped open in the evenings against company policy. So, they removed everything in the lobby that could be used to prop the door open. Still the problem persisted. Finally, they had a free-standing sign made that said "Do Not Prop Open This Door" which became the default object used to prop open the door.

Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 11:05PM

Loved it! LOL

Date: February 17, 2012 10:05AM

Thank you, Pixie Dust.
My videos don't ever garner HUGE numbers, but I have received a number of positive comments about it, and it has me thinking about trying to do some other videos on similar subjects.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.